Author Topic: New member...concerned  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Kovo

Well...i'm 27 and finally coming to my senses about my issue.  After seeing other user pictures, it helped confirm what I was turning my back to for years.  I'd say i have a pretty severe case of it.  I have a great social life and great friends, but still was teased when i was growing up, and still am sometimes.  I avoided taking my shirt off in public for a loooong time, through most of high school, college, and even with my housemates post-college.  I have gotten better the past few years...and don't feel AS uncomfortable with my shirt off.  Still though...I do not like the way i look at all.  I know i need to lose weight, but i think of i get rid of my belly, it will just make my chest look worse.  I was not very active with the ladies growing up (late bloomer) but have not had much trouble with women the past 5 years.  I have a girfriend, but haven't really talked to her about how i feel about the way i look.  I'm beginning to realized that surgery is the only option, unfortunatly i have NO money to pay for something like that.  I've come to the conclusion that I would take out a loan for surgery, but it seems like some people need to have more than one.  The last thing I want/need is a medical bill nightmare, and to deal with all the humiliation that ensues.  I guess i'm just looking for peoples opinions/suggestions on my situation.  Just in me signing up for this, I consider it to be the first step in the right direction.  I will try and get a pic up at some point so you can see the severity.  Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you all.   

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
hi and welcome to the boards, the most important thing is choosing the right surgeon if u choose to get surgery. a lot of surgeons dont know the correct procedure and often just perform liposuction (which seems to be inadequate 90% of the time). before you visit anyone, make sure someone else here has visited this person and be aware of their techniques.

you shouldnt need surgery twice if you see a reputable surgeon. you just have to weigh up whether your gyne affects you that much for it to be worth getting the loan and going through the few weeks of inactivity, then maybe a few months until full recovery!

im booking my surgery tomorrow and i've had an intial consultation already, i must admit facing it was hard to the doctors (i have a problem opening up). but it feels good to finally do something about somethign that was bothering me for years.

i dont know where u live but doctor bermant is probably the most respected and well known surgeon for gyno. his site is very extensive and i spent a lot of time on it once i found out i had gyne.. here is the link http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024