Author Topic: Question to all post ops  (Read 3114 times)

Offline John_M123

• Posting Member
This is a question to all post ops.  I am 12 days post op and pretty happy with my results so far. Just wondering during the next few weeks and further what kind of physical changes can I expect? My right side is slightly flatter than my left. Can I expect a change or should I be happy with what I got. Also, has everyone stayed away from lifting remotely heavy things. I have tried to take it easy, but it is pretty impossible for me to go 3 to 4 weeks without coming across a situation here and there that something needs to be lifted. It has already happed a few times. Anyone else? Will this effect my results?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 06:10:43 AM by John_M123 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, at day 12 you are most likely seeing 90% of the finished product.

Lifting heavy stuff.... I really don't think that you will do much damage to yourself if you accidentally lifted something heavy. Your body will let you know when it 'too' heavy. When it does, back off a tad.  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 10:09:38 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Yes, at day 12 you are most likely seeing 90% of the finished product.John.

I completely disagree. I think you need to wait until at least 3 months off to be at the "90% finished product" stage.

Bambu, this may have been the case with you, but I don't think that is typically the case.

Anyone else have an opinion here?

timbo

Well- I'm exactly one month post-op today, and I HOPE the 3-month mark is a better indication of final results.  I still have a fair amount of excess- it may be some swelling, but I feel like it's more fat/maybe some redundant skin.  I have an appointment with PS tomorrow- will know better then.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I completely disagree. I think you need to wait until at least 3 months off to be at the "90% finished product" stage.

Bambu, this may have been the case with you, but I don't think that is typically the case.

That's why I said "Most likely" Dude. ;)

And.... of course it goes without saying that everyone heals differently. Some take a tad longer to heal up.

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Well- I'm exactly one month post-op today, and I HOPE the 3-month mark is a better indication of final results.  I still have a fair amount of excess- it may be some swelling, but I feel like it's more fat/maybe some redundant skin.  I have an appointment with PS tomorrow- will know better then.

Please let us know you make out with the PS.

John.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I'm 19 days post op. I'd say I'm around 80% finished. I just need a bit of swelling to go down around my armpits where my insicions are, and for my nipples to get a bit tighter.
etc.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
I'm nearly 2 months post op now, and am delighted. However my surgeon has told me that I won't see the "finished" article  for about another 4 months, and that's when he'll take the post op pics. The sun is shining.  8)

Serg

Offline beigedickies

• Posting Member
Well my chest looked perfect just 6 days post-op, I had no swelling, no bruises or anything... until the next day when I got my chest smashed by some girl and now it looks like shit.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024