Author Topic: how much time is enough for complete fibrosis to take place???  (Read 3350 times)

Offline macho

• Bronze Member
today i am 11 days post op. the gland mass removed from right side was more than the left. right side of chest has became convex shaped. doc says it will get back to normal after fibrosis.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
concavity is  normal at this stage post op. in 5 weeks or so u should start to see how it will turn out.

Offline macho

• Bronze Member
thanks manic... for the reply. at least u replied. i think nobody knows here about fibrosis. and what i am talking about is CONVEX SHAPED CHEST NOT THE CONCAVE.
its very difficult to explain without pics but lemme try...
if "|" this is vertical body axis then my chest is looking like....|(.....convex     not like this... |)...concave.
doctor is saying that empty space will be filled(and then become concave) by process called fibrosis which will take anywhere between 3/6 weeks.dr. bermant plzzz  reply soon on this one.

is it becoz my surgeon removed 100% gland?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 06:41:55 AM by macho »

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
You have your concave and convex mixed up dude. 

Offline macho

• Bronze Member
HEY DCVET HAVE A LOOK ON MY PICS AND U WILL COME TO KNOW WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT. PICS ARE UPLOADED IN USER PHOTOS SECTION.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
oh sorry must have read it too fast, make sure you wear a compression garment as much as possible as their could be fluid filling out the area.

DrBermant

thanks manic... for the reply. at least u replied. i think nobody knows here about fibrosis. and what i am talking about is CONVEX SHAPED CHEST NOT THE CONCAVE.
its very difficult to explain without pics but lemme try...
if "|" this is vertical body axis then my chest is looking like....|(.....convex     not like this... |)...concave.
doctor is saying that empty space will be filled(and then become concave) by process called fibrosis which will take anywhere between 3/6 weeks.dr. bermant plzzz  reply soon on this one.

is it becoz my surgeon removed 100% gland?

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures tends to show how good (or poor) the results are and can help others understand your issues.  This set of images tends to bring out how tissues move. 

Tissues do evolve after any surgery.  Some irregularities tend to even out over time.  However when ever possible, I prefer to start out with a contour that looks good right after surgery.  Not all surgeons use the same techniques.  You can see typical results of the healing and evolution of my patients after gynecomastia surgery here.  I have also posted a Gallery of Gynecomastia Healing.

Your questions are better directed to the surgeon who knows what was done during the operation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024