Author Topic: Talking to my Doctor  (Read 2060 times)

Offline JS88

Im 18 years old and I've had these "breasts" for as long as I can remember. I work out daily and can bench a good amount of weight for my size (i weigh 170p and bench 260p). I am no obese, infact the rest of my body looks normal except for my chest. I am convinced I have gynecomastia, but I dont know how to talk to my doctor about it. I am extremely embarrassed about speaking to my doctor about it, and if I need surgery I dont know what Im going to tell my parents. Does anyone have any advice in talking to doctors or parents about this? It would really help me, thank you.

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
When I spoke to my general practitioner he said, "don't worry about it." However, I was worried about it because I was sick of living with it. My point is; general practitioners may tell you it's nbd as long as you don't have cancer or something else. If it is bothering you (and i can tell it is), you may want to go straight to a plastic surgeon. A good plastic surgeon will be honest with you, and he/she will point you in the right direction.

I understand your embarrassment, but I'm sure any doctor you go to will be understanding, and they have prolly seen much worse.

As for the parents, just tell them the situation and how it makes you feel. Be honest about the emotional struggle and how it makes you embarrassed. They may have never heard of gynecomastia, so you may want to have some pics and information from the Internet. They may understand, and they may not. Either way this is your battle that you'll have to deal with. I believe you can face this, and someday you'll look back and be glad you did.

Best wishes  8)
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024