Author Topic: 2 questions regarding endo & hormones  (Read 1442 times)

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
1). When calling an endo what do you tell the receptionist? I have endo? I want to have my hormones checked.

2). If you do have an hormome imbalance. Does the medication really solve or only control it. Read alot on this site and thru the internet.
     Seems like their is no clear cut answer. Some people have been able to bring their hormones to normal level and some have had no progress
     or even make it worse.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
1) i would lke to make an appointment to have a full hormonal profile completed.  if asked "why?" . you could either say: a) i just dont' feel like myself lately and think my hormones may be 'off', or b) i have gynecomastia and need to get a work up to be properly treated, or c) whaterver you wanna say

2) if your hormones are 'off' and your doctor knows what he/she is doing, then MOST times it can be corrected with medication. it may have to be tweaked several times but still... if you've developed gynecomastia then correcting the hormones won't 'undo' the growth that has already occurred, but will stop it from progressing. once the gland has grown there's no way to ungrow it -- surgury is the only option at that point.

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
what is the difference between puffy nipples and 'gynecomastia' i have read many teenage boys experience puffy nipples or gynecomastia, and most cases go away in 2 years or less...why do u say that once something has started it cannot be reversed if so many cases (up to 90%) in teenagers have gone away mysteriously on their own?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024