Author Topic: Will this go away??  (Read 3597 times)

Offline cky2k

• Bronze Member
ok so ive had gyne for abour 1.5 years now, i cancelled surgery hoping it would go away, my freinds says he had the same thing and it went away, he has mates to prove it, I have gyne and i can feel lumps under my nipples, he said he had the exact same thing and it went away, ive heard on this site that gland dosnt go away, but he swears his did??

GynO_DuDe

True Gynecomastia does not go away ... if its a minor case and just fat (pseudo-gynecomastia) then may be.

You say you can feel lumps ... that means surgery WILL be required mate.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Not always true. Gyno during puberty often resolves itself. How old are you? I would wait until you are 18-20 (ish) before looking into surgery.

Offline Jay999

• Bronze Member
Gyno dude is just plain WRONG. Look on any information website.

if you are a teenager - it is more likely to go away than it is to stay. only around 30% of teen gynecomastia stays. I had teen gyne, and it went away by itself. My mate had teen gyne, and it went away by itself. I am also 8% bodyfat by the way, so no - it was NOT pseudogynecomastia.

Cky, if you're a teen then it will probs go away. A few other things to consider are;
does your dad/uncles/brother/grandfather have it? If it's fat too, and how big it actually is. If all your male family members still have it, then it will probably stay.

Offline cky2k

• Bronze Member
no one in my family has it. No one has had it, mines all gland to,..big glands..

Offline Jay999

• Bronze Member
is it just your nipple or your whole chest? Are you overweight?
Also, how old are you?

Offline cky2k

• Bronze Member
I never noticed it, it is under my nipple a big lump thats gottin bigger, like the size of a cigarette lighter. im 19 but only just got it about 1.5 years ago if that.. I have put on weight but not much,

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
Hey guys, Im 17, and i noticed my nipples got puffy overnight as it seemed to me, about 3 weeks ago, is this late to get the puberty form of gyno?  Most places i read ppl get it early in puberty, but i am not overweight and my nipples look retarded the gland is like under the nipple, and the nipple puffs out way beyond the actual gland i cant even tell if it has grown, i have no pain or anything, i work out a lot and eat well, any insight? thanks

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
I would try and wait it out until you are about 20. If it reduces by itself there is no point in risking surgery.

Offline Jay999

• Bronze Member
Wait until you've finished growing.

That includes your beard, chest hair etc. In otherwords around 20.

GynO_DuDe

I was 17 when I found out about my severe gyne ...

Had my op at 20.

Im gonna be 21 next month ...

What else needs to grow? Fact is when you can see abnormal breast tissue you know youve got it ... stop wasting time like I did and just get the op some how, you'll love yourself afterwards.

Offline Scamp48

• Posting Member
I was 17 when I found out about my severe gyne ...

Had my op at 20.

Im gonna be 21 next month ...

What else needs to grow? Fact is when you can see abnormal breast tissue you know youve got it ... stop wasting time like I did and just get the op some how, you'll love yourself afterwards.

If you get it to soon, It can come back...you should wait until after puberty.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
If your Gyne is from puberty or prescription drug use , then it is quite possible it will go away . Either when you are done with puberty or the drug is removed.

It's best to wait and see what happens because if you have surgery while going through puberty it might come back . And with the drug use it's best to wait for a period of time after the drug is removed becuase it might go on it's own.

GynO_DuDe

Fair enough ...

Mine was both due to steroids (my Blue Asthma Inhaler) and the fact I was overweight.

But I had my OP @ 19.

I'll say just wait till your 19-20 then before having your op.

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
idk about your's, or your friend's, but mine didn't go away without surgery.

good luck
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024