Author Topic: Finally did tesosterone testing  (Read 2797 times)

Offline urhs52

• Posting Member
I finally built up the balls to talk to a doctor and got my test results back..... I have gyne and small pen. =\. Finding a good doctor is impossible, all stuffed with ego, but here are the results, does anyone notice anything out of the ordinary, im crying for help =(. Thank you:

All in US measurements...

Testosterone Total: 404
Testosterone Free: 1.8%
Testosterone Free: 70.8 pg/mL

TSH 3.088 miU/L

Free T4: 1.20 ng/dL

T3: 116.80 ng/DL

FSH: 0.9 IU/L

LH: 4.0

Growth Hormone: .05 ug/L

Estradoil: 25.10 pg/mL

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Stand by urhs52, I do see some things in those numbers. will have to get back with you. Your not being ignored. Hang in there.

Offline urhs52

• Posting Member
Skyhawk, I waited years to finally build up the courage and see a doctor, a little longer won't be a problem. I wanna thank you for all your help, I see how much you've helped people in the past, thank you very much.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
urhs52, If you have the reference ranges with those numbers it makes it easier to get a picture of your hormone profile. But even without reference ranges on your first post, I can see some of the numbers I am familiar with.

THYROID: 

Your TSH is somewhat elevated indicating possible hypothyroidism.  Although your TSH falls within the published reference range, it is elevated by the new standards. The American Association of Endocrinologists views anything over 3.00 as a failing thyroid. Of course this is a subject of great debate among medical proffessionals.

So if TSH is borderline, the next step is to look at the Free thyroid hormone circulating in your blood. That would be the FT4 number. If this is low in combination with a slightly elevated TSH, then most doctors would find this diagnostic of hypothyroidism and begin treatment with thyroid hormone replacement.

Since every cell and organ in your body has thyroid hormone receptors, a deficiency of thyroid hormone would impact your body's ability to produce proper amounts of steroid hormones, among 1000's of other biological deficiencies.

I like to think of the human thyroid as an alternator on a car. If the alternator fails to have adequate output, the entire car's electrical system begins to fail. The wiper blades get slow. The blower motor gets slow. The spark plugs begin to misfire. Multiple systems are affected by the failure of just one part.

TESTOSTERONE:

Testosterone reference range is age dependent. Also the time of day the blood was drawn effects testosterone numbers . Best to do Testosterone first thing in the morning when T levels are at their highest.

But I can tell you this from your numbers. Your testosterone/ Estradiol ratio, also known as the T/E2 ratio is only 16/1. Circulating levels of Testosterone/E2 should be about a 30/1 ratio.

RECOMMENDATIONS: I am not a doctor.I cannot give medical advice. But I can encourage you to discuss these numbers with your doctor. If you are found to be hypothyroid, and recieve proper thyroid hormone replacement, you may find the steroid hormone numbers positively impacted with proper thyroid hormone therapy.

Hope this helps.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
After reveiwing your numbers again, I discovered I had misread your TSH. I misread it as 3.88.   I see it is 3.088, which is the top of the range by the "new standards"

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
How do you test your testosterone level? Can you get a home kit doing it with a mouth swab or something?

Offline urhs52

• Posting Member
rocknroll, The only way I know to get it done is for them to draw blood and sent to a lab, very fast turnaround time though.

Offline urhs52

• Posting Member
According to the normal range my FSH is low, and I suffer from nearly all the symptoms of low FSH....it just seems like a no brainer to me. I wish I could just find a good doctor.

Offline AnonNZ

• Posting Member
This is harder than it should be. It appears their ego won't allow them to admit they don't have a clue =/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024