Author Topic: op tomorow, any advice on preperation?  (Read 3305 times)

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
hey guys, finanaly getting correective surguery tomorrow! have case of the old puffy nipple varity  ;) lol

basicly just wondered if you guys had any advice on what i could do to make the next few days more bareable? (e.g maybe buying extra pillows to prop myself up[ in bed ect.)

so far i have done loads of food shopping for the next two weeks, and have arranged my tv so its next to my bed lol

any advice would be thankfully received  :D

Offline Rosco12724

• Posting Member
buys lots of freshen up wipes as you will not be able to fully wash yourself for a couple of days after the op, you will be wearing dressings that cannot get wet etc.

Have plenty of light nibbles nearby too as you may not feel like eating a great deal although after my op I did not lose my appetite at all.

Good look but you will be fine, I did not feel any pain, even the anaethetic needle was pain free.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
buys lots of freshen up wipes as you will not be able to fully wash yourself for a couple of days after the op, you will be wearing dressings that cannot get wet etc.

Have plenty of light nibbles nearby too as you may not feel like eating a great deal although after my op I did not lose my appetite at all.

Good look but you will be fine, I did not feel any pain, even the anaethetic needle was pain free.

i showered the day after the op as i had waterproof dressings.. i wouldn't recommend nibbles either as u will probably gain weight from sitting around post op anyway. do setup things so you don't need to move too much. you probably wont be able to reach anything above shoulder height for a few days at least. i just set myself up in a recliner with a bottle of water and a few dvd box sets and pretty much didn't move all day i had most of my meals made for me which was a big help but if you need to get your own i would be thinking of prepreparing as much as possible or getting takeaway delivered. otherwise i found it to be pretty easy to gauge if i felt fine and moved around too much later u will feel it so its better to not move too much for swelling.. oh and also on the topic of weight gain while your sitting around this will make your compression garment way too tight and difficult to breathe so its fairly important imo.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Don't worry.  I was fighting forest fires the day after surgery.  No joke.  You'll be surprised how little pain there is.  Are you driving home after surgery? 

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
i had two surgeries and rove over two hours after each one. after the first the pain didn't start until the second day. i just had a revision two days ago and feel great. i guess the differance is the first time i had alot of lipo done and this time just some gland removal. best of luck

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
well i have spent the last few days in bed after the op, day 3 now. sleping has been very hard for me and getting in and out of bed is crazy hard lol

im thinking of leaving the bed and just spending the next few days dat on the sofa lol how long before yuo guys went back to work? do you know if sitting up will heal me just as fast as being proped up in bed?

also you guys had any trouble with fluid build up? only i seem to have some under my left nipple but cant see as i have a bandage on lol

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Don't worry.  I was fighting forest fires the day after surgery.  No joke.  You'll be surprised how little pain there is.

Everyone heals at different rates dude. Some take weeks/months to heal...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024