Author Topic: Need help with my decision (Is this feasible)  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Zeriel

I'm on a VERY tight schedule is it possible to have the op on a Fryday afternoon, drive the same day or the day after and be ready for work on Monday? I know it sounds crazy but i have NO holydays so is either now or next year :(

Also i have no family or friends whatsoever to help, im just moving to Orlando in a few weeks. I know the operation is simple and it doesnt cut trough muscle so im guessing the biggest obstacle would be handling the pain, also the drains are  a big concern.

Thanks for the help

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
Depends on what you do for work.

I had my surgery last october.  I stayed the night in the hospital and drove home (4 hours) the next morning.  The surgery was wednesday and I went back to work on monday, but i dont think it would have been any problem to go back on friday.  Also consider that everyone is different so you may be fine, and may not be.  If it were me and I had a job that wasnt so physical, i would go for it - just take it easy.

Offline Zeriel

Thanks, this is a very big decision for me, i dont have a lot of money, since im just starting on my own in the states and my budget is very limited, but im fed up with this condition and im willing to make the sacrifices, im just worried if something goes wrong, ill be by myself and crippled. For what ive read the experiences are very different, some people say the pain is no big deal while others say "rent movies and stay home for a month!" i hope i can continue working my part time job plus college and daily 40mins commute the day after the op, but im having some serious doubts, I dont know whats the right choice.  :-[

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
talk to your doc, but see if you can work something for spring break and get yourself at least a few days off to help with the mending if possible.  better to do this right than risk injuring the surgery work. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
What type of work do you do?
Everyone is different in the recovery. One member said he was fight forest fires within a few days, but you can't count on it being that easy. I was able to do everything I normally do within 2 days.

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
I HAD SURGERY IN AUGUST AND A REVISION TWO WEEKS AGO, I DROVE THREE HOURS HOME BY MYSELF AFTER EACH SURGERY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. THE PAIN FOR ME STARTED ON THE FIFTH DAY AFTER EACH SURGERY AND IT WAS DEFINATELY BEARABLE. YOU CAN WORK AS LONG AS THERE IS NO LIFTING OR REALLY EXHAUSTING WORK. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT RETC642@AOL.COM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
 GOOD LUCK

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024