Author Topic: Got gyne? don't know what to do? Heres my plan  (Read 3484 times)

Offline omgwhattodo

• Posting Member
Ive had gyne since I was 12, now im 18 and its not very pleasant.

I figure if its something that bothers you and you want to 'look' better you should do the following things:

1. get your fat ass in the gym and build up some muscle and cut down. Also start eating healthier if you aren't.
2. get a job if you don't have one and start saving up for the surgery
3. Be confident in the way you look because it will only get better, don't let it hold you back.
4. get the surgery when you can afford it, hopefully you've built up a little bit and your recovery will be quick and you'll like your results
5. get on with your life

This is just what I've come up with after reading a lot of posts and doing some investigations...

Good luck y'all

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
good advice on all counts.  good luck back at you. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline omgwhattodo

• Posting Member
I didn't mean anything negative by my advice.  But for those people who don't have Gynecomastia from fluctuating hormones and are so embarrassed because of their gyne to go out and get a job, it is probably because they have gyne + little bit over weight.  If you actually got down to your BF that you should be for your age/height and w/e and you have some puffy nipples, that shouldn't stop you from getting a job.  And I think people should be getting exercise gyne or no gyne, serious or not serious.

But at the same time this strategy isn't as easy to do for some as it is for others.  Although for all cases I believe you should be saving up for surgery and working out if you want to improve your situation at all.  I'm not sure how you solve the fluctuating hormone imbalance thing so I'll leave that case alone.

Offline AnonNZ

• Posting Member
Be careful with blanket statement. There are many people on here that feel strongly about this issue, and gynecomastia has literally ruined their lives. Be sympathetic and realise that while some cases are mild as your obviously is, some men grow B or C cups, or even larger, and this can make it next to impossible so simply 'exercise'. If I was in this case I don't think I could leave the house, imagine the inner strength it must take for these people to simply buy groceries? If only I were that strong.

You're right in that exercise always helps, and most cases of gynecomastia involves some fat deposits, cutting down in body fat would HELP but because of the mass we are required to cut down to MUCH lower body fat levels than the average guy - our body's store fat around the gland FIRST, and we lose this fat LAST.

Offline Spleen

1.Gynecomastia has nothing to do with being fat. Your suggestion to "build up some muscle" is bad since all that does is push the gynecomastia out and make it more obvious. This whole statement of yours is basically the two biggest misconceptions about gynecomastia rolled into one. "It's only fat" "You just need to build up more muscle" two things we hear a lot of from ignorant people who know nothing about this.

2.Getting a job is easier said than done when you have gynecomastia. Many people with moderate/severe cases would rather die than go out in public in a t-shirt, and I don't blame them.

3."It will only get better"...what a blanket statement. Did you consider that many people on here have hormonal problems which are still causing their gyno to grow? So you're saying to these people, whose gyno is still growing, that "it will only get better". Surely you can see the idiocy of this. Even if they were to get surgery it would come back.

4.Yes hopefully you won't be among the  roughly 50% (real statistic) of people who are unsatisfied with the results of their gynecomastia surgery.

5.Get on with our lives...Yes...now that your life has been completely destroyed and you've lost everying...you can just go back to normal and "get on with your life". Unfortunatelt it's not that simple, and even for those who have successful surgeries the destructive effects of this will be it's own seperate problem in itself.

You seem like someone who has a mild case of pubertal gyno. I know you're only trying to help but you're making a mistake to assume everyone else is in your same position. Your advice is what may work for you and your specific case, for the vast majority of people here it's not applicable.

Nice negativity.  You offer only excuses and no solutions.  Some people solve their problems and others just b*tch and moan.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
m90291, very informative post, thanks for the info.  knew of the ruling but didn't have the details. 

Offline emjay

• Posting Member

4.Yes hopefully you won't be among the  roughly 50% (real statistic) of people who are unsatisfied with the results of their gynecomastia surgery.

Where does this "real statistic" come from?

Offline ajax6

• Posting Member
Oh my god!  That's IT!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know, I'm 26 years old and I've had gynecomastia ever since I can remember.  I flinch every time the wind blows.  I've endured humiliation beyond belief.  I'm unable to do some of the things I've always wanted to do because of this THING called gynecomastia.  I can't even buy a shirt, for God's sake, without wondering if it makes my boobs show.  It affects every waking moment of every single fucking day.

So I just want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for providing these 5 easy steps to a gyne-free lifestyle!!!  What idiots we are for not thinking of it sooner?!  Let me just make sure I've got the main points down:  get a job, get surgery, get on with my life (I'm not fat, but thank you for assuming that we all need to hit the gym right away).  WHO KNEW it could be that easy?

Thanks for the "advice," asswipe.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
OP,
 I appreciate your positive original post. I know it's effected people's lives and agree that sometimes you just have to push through your anxieties about it and make some positive steps towards dealing with it. I did all the things you listed and didn't get it resolved. I finally prayed and prayed to God to help me with it. I think my prayers are often ianswered in ways that are not typical Miracles but through people and situations He alloows you to experience. I truly believe He answered me by helping me find a great plastic surgeon after saving the $$$ for the surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024