Author Topic: tamoxifen  (Read 4583 times)

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
anyone tried tamoxifen with recent onset gyne? if so how did it go?

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
I have heard that it can be good but under the strict supervision of a doctor. I also now of some body builders that have used it after a cycle that have got great results but also now of others that have gained nothing from it.

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
yes, i am waiting for blood test results...i have only had puffy nipples for a few months so i am optimistic tamoxifen will help me if i decide to use that.

Offline dennyboy

i tried the nolvadex i bought it online from india i was taking it for 4 days and started to come out in lumps all over my body so i stopped just beware where you buy it from and make sure its the real deal if you have gyne it wont get rid of it, surgery is the only option.bodybuildrs use it at the end or midway of a steriod cycle to block the female hormone estrogen from getting above the male testosterone hormone so they dont grow breasts this is what steriods does to you thats why bodybuilders  take it,they all do.

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
my endocrinologist said that tamoxifen can in fact reduce early onset gyne, i would be using this under a doctor's care, not from an indian website.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 man,  that is dangerous ordering from and INDIAN website, or for that matter any website that can  not me  verified .
              I certainly would not put  it in my body.  I mean you have no recourse with that company, heck they could keep charging  your credit card.

Offline MSJ108

my endocrinologist said that tamoxifen can in fact reduce early onset gyne,

That is correct

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
I used nolvadex several years back during a steroid cycle after seeing my gyno increase slightly.  It did help, and it brought the gyn back to normal - it didnt completly go away, but it brought it down to the point where it was after puberty.  This is an example of how it can help early onset gyn, but not gyno which has existed for some time.

Tamoxifen works by blocking the estrogen receptors of the effected body tissue, inhibiting a bonding of estrogens and receptor. It's sort of like a competition between the estrogen and tamoxifen, the tamoxifen binds to the receptor before the estrogen can.  Unfortunately, if high estrogen levels remain, once the use of tam is stopped, there will likely be a rebound effect and the free flowing estrgoen will bind to the receptors.  Breast glands typically have a larger number of estrogen receptors, this is usually the cause for gyn in men. 

There are other types of drugs now on the market called aromatase inhibitors - Letrozole, Arimidex, Aromasim...  These do not bind to receptors to prevent estrogen from doing so, they actually truly lower your estrogen levels.  Many bodybuilders use these throughout their steroid cycles to prevent the compounds from aromatizing. I have also seen them prescribed to men who have elevated estrogen levels because of testosterone replacement therapy, hcg treatment etc

Offline MSJ108

I used nolvadex several years back during a steroid cycle after seeing my gyno increase slightly.  It did help, and it brought the gyn back to normal - it didnt completly go away, but it brought it down to the point where it was after puberty.  This is an example of how it can help early onset gyn, but not gyno which has existed for some time.

Tamoxifen works by blocking the estrogen receptors of the effected body tissue, inhibiting a bonding of estrogens and receptor. It's sort of like a competition between the estrogen and tamoxifen, the tamoxifen binds to the receptor before the estrogen can.  Unfortunately, if high estrogen levels remain, once the use of tam is stopped, there will likely be a rebound effect and the free flowing estrgoen will bind to the receptors.  Breast glands typically have a larger number of estrogen receptors, this is usually the cause for gyn in men. 

There are other types of drugs now on the market called aromatase inhibitors - Letrozole, Arimidex, Aromasim...  These do not bind to receptors to prevent estrogen from doing so, they actually truly lower your estrogen levels.  Many bodybuilders use these throughout their steroid cycles to prevent the compounds from aromatizing. I have also seen them prescribed to men who have elevated estrogen levels because of testosterone replacement therapy, hcg treatment etc

Good posting

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024