Author Topic: Compression Garment Question  (Read 2721 times)

Offline hi_desert_brat

• Posting Member
    • Gyne: Before & After
I finally had my gyne surgery on April 11th.  The jury is still out on the results.  While I certainly look better than before, my chest is not as flat as I'd like.  Maybe since it's only been just a little over 2 weeks, there's still some swelling.  Guess I should be more patient and give it more time.   I had a question regarding the compression garment that you're supposed to wear after the surgery.  My doctor had mentioned that if I didn't want to wear the wrap that they provided (which is uncomfortable), I could wear a compression shirt that could be bought at Sports Chalet.  The only thing I could find was a form-fitting t-shirt called Under Armour.  I went ahead and bought a shirt size smaller than what I normally wear.  Though this shirt is much more comfortable than the wrap and, it doesn't seem to be as snug or tight as the wrap.  I want to be sure that I am giving myself enough compression so that I am doing everything I can to give myself the flattest chest.  Has anyone wore the Under Armour t-shirt exclusively and gotten their desired results?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks!  

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
An Underarmour shirt is NOT sufficient compression for post-op care. You need to order one of these:

http://www.underworks.com/990.html

This garment will snap in the front which makes it easy to put on and take off post-op. The tank-top style (997, I think) will be harsh on your chest due to the difficulty of getting it off and on when you are post-op/swollen/bruised/in pain.

Meanwhile, you need to keep wearing the thing your doc gave you until this new one comes in.

I just sent you a PM with more info.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 02:06:22 PM by STILLgotIT »

Offline hi_desert_brat

• Posting Member
    • Gyne: Before & After
Thanks for the info about the Underworks shirts.  I guess my gut instinct about the Under Armour shirts not providing enough compression was right.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024