Author Topic: DOCTORS on the board Please help  (Read 1515 times)

Offline MSJ108

I was told that I have no hard tissue behind my areolas and nipples. I was told that when "warm" my dome looking puffy nipples are "normal" and surgery most likely will not help. I was told that the shrinking of my areolas when cold or stimulated is normal.  ??? ???

Isn't it possible that I may have some soft tissue causing the puffiness? Other than the puffiness my chest is fine. Its muscular and contains very limited amounts of fat.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
"Puffy nipples" is a common complaint and one for which treatment can be difficult.  As you know, your nipples will change and tighten in response to temperature changes or  physical/emotional stimulation.  This ability to change has to do with tiny muscle cells within the areola (pigmented skin) -- that is why it wrinkles up in the cold, etc.  No surgery, injection, pill, cream, etc can substantially alter this normal bodily physiologic change.  What must be evaluated is whether you have any firm breast tissue beneath the areola which is causing projection of the areolas and how much is possible to be removed.  Surgery to remove this breast tissue must be done carefully, for if overdone, it can result in a depression (like a saucer) which is difficult to correct.

My best advice is to consult with a surgeon who has considerable experience and expertise in the treatment of all types of gynecomastia and puffy nipples.

Elliot Jacobs, MD. FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline MSJ108

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024