Author Topic: Some questions...  (Read 3978 times)

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Ok, so my post was removed and I'm not sure why... but anyway...

First, I'd like to know this. After surgery, generally how long is it before you can go back to work? In my case, I work at a grocery store, rarely lifting over 20 lbs and pushing in a few carts at a time... About how long would I have to wait after surgery before I can go back to work. Just FYI, I don't actually have surgery scheduled but I'm looking into it.

As for the question I posted yesterday, but it was removed with no explanation to me whatsoever, is if anybody knows where I can find some success stories of gynecomastia removal surgery in people younger than 18 yrs old? I know a user here that had a son, approximately 12 years old that had a successful surgery and I was wondering if anybody knew how it would be possible to get in contact with her. (I don't want to name any names because my post might get deleted again...) but I'm sure that most of you probably know who I'm talking about.

For the love of God, please realize that these are legit questions so DON'T DELETE THEM AGAIN!!!

Thanks in advance,

--CS

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
THANK YOU!!! That's all I really needed, now I just need to know the answer to my first question  ;D

DrBermant

if anybody knows where I can find some success stories of gynecomastia removal surgery in people younger than 18 yrs old?
--CS

I operate on many young teens for gynecomastia chest contouring.  Check out my Teenage Gynecomastia Gallery.  Here you can find pictures before and after my gynecomastia surgery performed on teenagers and adolescent males.  The small image here will link to its much larger image - you can click on the details about this patient, the problem, surgical solutions, and results.

"How old should you be before considering Gynecomastia Surgery" are very common questions.  What age depends on many factors. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
^^ His first question is still unanswered  :D

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
^^ His first question is still unanswered  :D

Lol, that it is! Hopefully someone will answer it, though! Thanks, Dr. Bermant. That was very helpful as well.

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
You can go to work almost immediately. I think most docs recommend 5 days of limited mobility though, so if you can get 5 off do it. You're not going to tear anything, your chest is just gonna HURT like you got punched a million times.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Thank you... Anyone else have some input?

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
If your job involves no heavy lifting and you won't need drainage tubes then you should be back at wokr in 3 days.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
THANK YOU!!! That's all I really needed, now I just need to know the answer to my first question  ;D

PM me your email addy dude...

or...  email me @

bambu@rogers.com

GB
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 12:02:32 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline bulova

• Posting Member
I had my surgery on a Friday.  I rested until Saturday.  I was driving around town on Sunday doing a little bit of catchup work and was back in the office on Monday.  I went to the gym on Tueday for the first time to do some light cardio work.  By Thursday I was doing my regular cardio routine and on Sunday I was playing tennis (poorly, however).

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024