Author Topic: Gynecomastia at age 17 - Help!  (Read 2149 times)

Offline stvn77

Hello, I have a case of unilateral gynecomastia.  I can feel a definite lump or "button" underneath my left nipple.  I'm in perfect shape.  I run from 6-10 miles a day in cross country/track and field and go to the gym on weekends.  At age 17 I am 150 lbs, about 8-10% bodyfat.  I have a normal diet and take multivitamins regularly.  The lump is getting to the point where there is an easily noticeable difference between nipples.  It is mildly sensitive.  I went to the doctor last week and he said it was a hormone imbalance.  I've had the lump for about 2 months now.  I was wondering if there is any way to remove/reduce the lump WITHOUT surgery.   Thank you very much,
Steven

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
if u have just noticed this and u are 17 i would get it checked out, it also depends on when u started puberty, i noticed slight gynecomastia in myself right before i turned 17, but i went thru puberty early, so i knew something else was wrong, turns out i have (EES) empty sella syndrome, although it is "partially empty" my prolactin was high (18) it wasnt too bad so i didnt notice anything besides slight gyne. Prolactin above normal levels in males can cause a little gynecomastia depending on how high it is, also prolactin screws with ur testosterone (lowers it).  Basically im saying u should go to an endo because the faster you get to the root of it, the better chance u have of it completely going away.

ps- ive been on cabergoline tablets for only 1 week and i think ive already noticed my nipples getting less puffy.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is anecdotal evidence that late onset Gynecomastia will resolve in many cases when the cause for it has been removed.

Most Gynecomastia is harmless physically in spite of the emotional damage that it is capable of inflicting.  Even so, I am of the belief that anyone with it should be thoroughly checked by a good doctor.  The condition is sometimes a symptom of other problems which may present no other early symptoms.

Unilateral or unequal Gynecomastia is not at all uncommon.

Grandpa Dan

Offline elcazador

• Posting Member
yes my right is slightly worse than my left, if they were both like my left it would be impossible to notice i had any kind of gyno.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024