Author Topic: questions  (Read 2951 times)

Offline lithium

• Posting Member
so i got a consoltation by dr jaccobs (i think that was his name) in ny, he said i have a small combination of fat, breast and glandular tissue. he said the total fee including anesthesia would be like $6500. he said he would use external ultrasonic liposuction (whats that?) and then go in under the armpit. apparently the glandular tissue can be removed via liposuction ?? whats the difference if he goes in through the nipple or under the armpit?  thanks

Offline Gyno_sucks

• Posting Member
Unless there is new technology we dont know about, why do doctors just say what the patient wants to hear.  You CANNOT remove gland by lipo alone.  Man, I had gland excision and lipo done and STILL have some gland left over.  Yet this doctor claims hes going to remove everything with just lipo.   No excision = gland remains.. period.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
there was a guy in another post saying how his doctor went in thru the armpit with a cutting tool of some sort, cut up the gland and sucked it out thru the armpit..

not sure how true it is, or how effective it is, but i guess technically that is excision without ripping open the areola..

perhaps Dr Bermant can comment...my guess is it's a bad way to do it, you can't really shape anything..but what do i know..

Offline lithium

• Posting Member
so what should i do? should i ask him to go in through the nipple? or should i chose a different doctor...?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
so what should i do? should i ask him to go in through the nipple? or should i chose a different doctor...?

Ask your PS exactly how the gland is removed by lipo. If he gives you an acceptable answer, then go with him. If his answer is a tad wacked out, shop for another PS.

Whom ever you choose to perform the proceedure, have him/her use the technique that they are most skilled at.  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 07:24:51 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Gyno_sucks

• Posting Member
I would find another PS honestly.  Do not have this PS use the excision method since obviously he is not skilled at doing it that way.   Just my 2 cents.

Offline Gyno_sucks

• Posting Member
Also Im curious where you live?   $6500 for lipo only.  Thats a lot.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
$6500 for lipo only.  Thats a lot.  

Unless I have read incorretly, that quote is for gland removal also...

John.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 10:19:09 AM by Bambu »

Offline Gyno_sucks

• Posting Member
That would be true, if you could actually remove gland with a cannula.   :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024