Author Topic: scar tissue question  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Gyno_sucks

• Posting Member
Just wondering has anyone had this problem with scar tissue underneath the nipple and some surrounding area and have seen results with steroid injections (non-anabolic of course)  Its been two weeks since my injection and I dont see a difference yet.  

Note:  I am 1 year post-op
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 11:33:04 AM by Gyno_sucks »

Offline something

• Posting Member
hey i am over a year post op and the same problem. there is scar tissue in the same form as the gland used to be.it has fluctuated in size and seems to have gotten bigger.  i dont think it is a gland again but who knows. i asked my PS if we could do cortisone shots and they said for me to wait another 2 or 3 months. im thinking about demanding them now though, it is getting annoying to have my nips to start sticking out again.

good luck

Offline Gyno_sucks

• Posting Member
The cortisone didnt work so apparently breast tissue/gland still remains.   Gonna have it cut out again soon I hope.  Ahh did I mention Gyno sucks?

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
I had injections for the same thing.  I noticed improvements around 1.5-2 week mark...all the way until 4 weeks.

If it doesn't work, then u prolly have leftover gland like you were saying

Offline rcbrown23

I had injections for the same thing.  I noticed improvements around 1.5-2 week mark...all the way until 4 weeks.

If it doesn't work, then u prolly have leftover gland like you were saying

Agreed. Had some results after 10 days, up untill about 20 days. It should work...if it does not, it's probably gland left over.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 01:38:39 PM by rcbrown23 »

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
How long after surgery did you get them ?

and did it get rid of very last bit of scar tissue.

right now I have more solid,hard painful  masses under and around my nips that completely outweigh the pre-op gland size...
... and the saga continues

Offline rcbrown23

I got some at about 6 weeks post. Then again 3 weeks later. Yes, it works well.

TonyS...did you get excision? was all the glad gone after the operation?

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I got some at about 6 weeks post. Then again 3 weeks later. Yes, it works well.

TonyS...did you get excision? was all the glad gone after the operation?

excision plus lipo-contouring( which turned out to be a whole lot less than I was hoping to find out)

well obviously the entire gland cant be removed, because everyone needs some gland in there ( I dont think any ps's really remove the entire thing.. some always has to be left - thats why you get a bllodcount before the op, to make sure there are no factors that would cause what gland is left to grow)

but I understand what you're saying ... yes any gland that could physically be felt and seen pre-op was non-existant from the 1st time I got to see my results (at about 4 days post) un til about 3-4 weeks post. The the scar tissue started, and now I have crust,lumpy,puffy puffy nips again, which looked pretty excellent for the first 3-4 weeks.

would you agree that these things (surgery results') need to get worse before they get better ?

by the way, how long post-op are you ?

Offline rcbrown23

I'm a year post op...but I'm another story. I had a bad lipo only operation, and I have a revision scheduled for next week. The lipo did not get the gland and I needed excision. I was hoping that it was scar tissue, and there was a little that the cortisone quickly took care of, but it was mostly leftover gland.

When I first got started on these boards, there were A LOT of people complaining about the dreaded scar tissue. Seems like it's starting to make it's rounds again, as it has been brought up quite a bit lately.

From all the extensive research I went through trying to find an answer, I came up with a few conclusions.

Seemed like about 6-8 people out of 10 had the issue resolve on it's own, in time. A couple realized later that it was not scar tissue, but leftover gland. And one person said that it is definitley scar tissue because the gland and contours of his chest changes imensley after the op, but came back 3-4 weeks later and it NEVER went away.

If your sure that the majority of the gland was gone post op, then it is indeed scar tissue and will go away eventually.

I found that the scar tissue, which we called "late blooming scar tissue" hit everyone that would get it between weeks 3-5, then it slowly subsided. For some people it took an entire year to go away completely, others a month.  Cortisone shots should really help the problem, but back then we barely even knew about them. Once we found out about them, everyone that got them GREAT results (I think their were 4 of us or so). I just had a consultation with Dr. Hamas and asked him abnout scar tissue and he said that right when he notices the first signs of it, he shoots a little cortisone in their and it stops it from forming.

Keep up the massaging...I say with cocoa butter with vitamin E, and do it skin to skin. The vitamin E seeps through your skin and into the scar tissue, then it helps break it up.

Also look into getting cortisone shots if your not seeing an improvement with the massaging. Their free from your PS, or go to a general doctor and ask him. He'll charge, but it won't be much.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024