Author Topic: No Exposure to Sun for 6 Months Post Op? Is This Normal?  (Read 2947 times)

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
Q: Can I sunbathe?

A: Avoid exposing the resulting scars to the sun for at least six months. Sunlight can permanently affect the skin's pigmentation, causing the scar to turn dark. If sun exposure is unavoidable, use a strong sun block.

Saw the above on the QA section of a place I am thinking of going to for surgery. Is this normal? 6 months?  Is it just this place that sayt this or do other surgeons recommend this as well?

Thanks
Baron

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Yeah that seems to be the standard.  I think my PS said to use at least 45spf on my scars for at least a year if they are exposed to the sun as well.

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
Yeah that seems to be the standard.  I think my PS said to use at least 45spf on my scars for at least a year if they are exposed to the sun as well.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure
Cheers

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
So I guess you could just use SPF45 on your nips if you have scars there and normal SPF on the rest of your bod? As your nips are generally much darker then your skin I don't suppose you would notice if they didn;t change colour? I am due for a gland extraction / lipo in less than 8 weeks and would really like to be out in the sun this year so I hope this is feasible.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Do not expose healing incisions to sunlight. Wait until the wound(s) have fully healed...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024