Author Topic: Did Most People Get Stitches?  (Read 5286 times)

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but the first surgery I rang said I would need stitches, and the one I spoke to today said no stitches would be necessary.

A little confused so was wondering whats the norm? Both these places havent seen me in person yet, its just been over the phone, as I dont live where they are located. I think I am getting both lypo and incision done

Any input much appreciated

Thank You

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
I would think in most cases you would need stitches with either lipo or excision. That being the stitches used for me dissolve on their own and do not require the PS to take them out.

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
Thanks. Is it quite odd then that the PS I spoke to yesterday said I would require no stitches at all?

Cheers

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
If the PS is planning on lipo only, then he may say no stitches. If you have excision to remove glands (most people should), then most likely you will have stitches (either kind, dissolvable or not, it doesn't really matter.) They cut under your nipple to pull out your breast glands and then need to sew it back up. I had the regular stitches that were removed 5 days after op.

I've heard of someone mentioning that the breast tissue might be 'sucked out' from the armpit, but I really don't buy into that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 04:37:50 AM by 9Wolf »
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
If the PS is planning on lipo only, then he may say stitches only. If you have excision to remove glands (most people should), then most likely you will have stitches (either kind, dissolvable or not, it doesn't really matter.) They cut under your nipple to pull out your breast glands and then need to sew it back up. I had the regular stitches that were removed 5 days after op.

I've heard of someone mentioning that the breast tissue might be 'sucked out' from the armpit, but I really don't buy into that.

Thanks. Surgeon said that he is going to do incision to remove glands and wouldnt need stitches? Hopefully he means dissolvable, as it does sound rather strange to me that I wont need stitches at all when doing gland removal.

Hopefully my surgery will be on the 29th of April. THats when I have made a provisional booking for

Cheers
Baron

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
If the PS is planning on lipo only, then he may say stitches only. If you have excision to remove glands (most people should), then most likely you will have stitches (either kind, dissolvable or not, it doesn't really matter.) They cut under your nipple to pull out your breast glands and then need to sew it back up. I had the regular stitches that were removed 5 days after op.

Thanks. Surgeon said that he is going to do incision to remove glands and wouldnt need stitches? Hopefully he means dissolvable, as it does sound rather strange to me that I wont need stitches at all when doing gland removal.

Hopefully my surgery will be on the 29th of April. THats when I have made a provisional booking for

Cheers
Baron

Hey Baron, I had a big typo in my post. I corrected it (the first sentence.)

I hope he means that he is using the dissolvable stitches, because he may be talking about doing the gland through lipo thing, in which case I suggest you read up on that in the threads here before you commit to that. I think one of the doctors here also had something to say about it. I would call him back and double-check what he meant. At least you have time to do the research.

EDIT: Also, check this thread out, it was the next one to yours and looks more promising for you.... maybe you should talk to this guy as well... http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13229.0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 04:47:59 AM by 9Wolf »

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
Hey 9Wolf

Have had a look at the thread you mentioned thanks  :)

N Yes I remember the surgeon saying that he intends to do the gland removal through the same hole as the lipo hole. Would you or anyone have a link to the thread where this was spoken about by any chance? The one where a surgeon on here had something to say about it?

Thanks again
Baron

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The majority of guys here had stitches...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
The majority of guys here had stitches...

GB

THats what I was worried about. I'm going to ring the surgeon again to ask him to clarify

Cheers

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Let us know what you find out dude...

GB

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
I asked the doc about stitches, and he said

There are no stitches needed. He uses the same incision, at the bottom
 edge
of the areola.

Does this sound normal/right?

Offline Spleen

In my case they made incisions at the bottom margin of the areola and instead of sutures he used tape to seal the wound.  It peeled off after a week and within a couple months the incisions were invisible.

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
In my case they made incisions at the bottom margin of the areola and instead of sutures he used tape to seal the wound.  It peeled off after a week and within a couple months the incisions were invisible.

Hi Spleen

So how was it apart from incision being invisible? Was healing time quick? Any bad points to this?

Thanks
Baron

Offline Spleen

It was a breeze.  Very little pain and I healed very quickly.

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
It was a breeze.  Very little pain and I healed very quickly.

Thanks  :) . I hope all goes well with me and mine goes as well yours and congrats. Hope you are happily gyne free now

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024