Author Topic: have I been operated by 2 different surgeons?!  (Read 1785 times)

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
I had gynecomasta surgery at a private clinic in  2006 run by a very experienced surgeon. He is the only surgeon working there. He is the guy I spoke to during the consultation, before surgery and after surgery....

Right before I went into the operating room a guy Ive never seen before came in and touched my chest to feel the gland tissue, and went out after 10 seconds..
I never asked who this guy was and didnt care at the time, and I never saw him again.

My left and right side look very different after surgery...Im much happier with my right side, and the left side is healing very slowly and looks unsymmetrical.

Im having thoughts that ive been operated by two surgeons.. like they did one side each....I was never informed about this...
Who the hell was the guy touching my chest before surgery?

I feel stupid to call them and ask (im suffering from social phobia). 
What do you think? Am i beeing paranoid?

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Well you seem to be focused on the wrong thing.

What did the doctor say about you chest in the follow ups? Have you discussed your dissatisfaction with him?

What does he think? What is he willing to do to make you happy?

Those are the questions you should be focused on.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's not that strange to have slightly uneven results, especially if they were at all uneven starting out. 

unless the guy was in training somehow, it would be really unusual to have one surgeon per side. 

if you're that curious, there may be no alternative to just trying to call the front desk and asking them if the surgeon would ever do that. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024