Author Topic: Any1 else post-op , concerned about 'flatness' ?  (Read 4160 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Is there anyone else who has had surgery, that is concerned or worried that they are not flat enough or as flat as they woulld've liked ?

I myself am 4 and a half weeks post-op, and whilst their has been a remarkable improvement to my breats (which are no longer) and my puffy nipples  too, I still feel that the overall chest area could be a fAIR bit flatter and not stick out so much.

I feel that I look like one of those guys that goes to the gym and does heaps of benchpress, where in fact I just dont have that kind of  frame/physique to the rest of me, aside from my chest.

I have no pics yet, but if you can imagine doddy's post op pics with a bulkier and more protruding,more muscular chest, thats what I seem to look like...
... and the saga continues

Offline Spleen

I feel that I look like one of those guys that goes to the gym and does heaps of benchpress, where in fact I just dont have that kind of  frame/physique to the rest of me, aside from my chest.

I have no pics yet, but if you can imagine doddy's post op pics with a bulkier and more protruding,more muscular chest, thats what I seem to look like...

Do you think this is a bad thing?  Surgery can help resolve a particular issue but it won't necessarily change your body type.  Try posting some pix when you get a chance.

Offline rcbrown23

Agree that we really need some pictures. I have noticed your posts over the last few weeks and understand your concerns, but there's not a lot of advice anyone can give without being able to SEE what your talking about. Do what you have to do and get some pics up...we can tell you what we think and you may get peace of mind from it.

-Brown 8)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
It's very common, IMO.

Now, the question is "who's at fault for the disappointment?"

If you had unreasonable expectations then I think the fault lies with you.

But, if your PS told you that you would be FLAT then I think the fault lies with the PS and you should take it up with him/her.

Post some pics, if possible.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery can help resolve a particular issue but it won't necessarily change your body type.

Agreed!

Look at my chest.... It sticks out like a 'sore thumb'. However, that is just the way my chest is. Can't change that.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
thanks for the advice guys.
I will definitely try to post some pics as soon as I can borrow a dig. camera from some1, but Im not seeing my ps again for 3 months, when I can get my only pre-op pics in hard-copy to show all of ya.

my 2 main concerns are:

a. Is 4 and a bit weeks too early to judge the final flatness of the chest?I mean has anyone's chest turned out flatter over a few months than it was at the 4 week mark?

b. Is it too early too ascertain whether I have any assymetary between the sides ?

those are the 2 things playing on my mind the most...

cheers fellas

ps. bambu - your most recent pics look great, and yes you chest is large but its totally in proportion to your frame. Looking awesome, and as far as patriotic tats go, thats one of the more excellent ones Ive seen!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

bambu - as far as patriotic tats go, thats one of the more excellent ones Ive seen!

Thanks!

Yeah, my Tat artist did an awesome job on it. Had a bit of a touch-up on it today. Have to live through the 'scabbies' again.  :-/

John.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 07:11:57 PM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

my 2 main concerns are:

a. Is 4 and a bit weeks too early to judge the final flatness of the chest?I mean has anyone's chest turned out flatter over a few months than it was at the 4 week mark?

b. Is it too early too ascertain whether I have any assymetary between the sides ?

cheers fellas

a) The flatness of my chest hasn't changed since day 12 Post-Op when the swelling subsided.

b) The experts say sometimes ya gotta wait a full year before you see 'final' results.

John.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

a) The flatness of my chest hasn't changed since day 12 Post-Op when the swelling subsided.

b) The experts say sometimes ya gotta wait a full year before you see 'final' results.

John.

While they say that it can take as long as 6-12 months to see the final results, I have not noticed anyone around these boards that is happy with results at 3+ months post-op, that they were previously unhappy with as late as 5/6 weeks post-op.

It just seems that most of the real improvements are occurring in the very first few weeks, and if it aint satisfactory within 4-6-8 weeks, how much better is it really gone look (aside from scar tissue softening or dissipating) after 3 or 6 or 12 months ?

dont mean too be pessimistic, but having gyne tends to leave you fearing the worst...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It just seems that most of the real improvements are occurring in the very first few weeks, and if it aint satisfactory within 4-6-8 weeks, how much better is it really gone look (aside from scar tissue softening or dissipating) after 3 or 6 or 12 months ?

Yeah, that's the ticket!

This is what I tried to say in another thread. What you see by weeks 4, 5, 6.... is most likely 98% the finished product. Unless the individual is a very slow healer. I read that one guy still had swelling at 6 months ???. Wow.... if my swelling hadn't gone down by the end of the 4th week, I'd be pressing JCF for answers.

John.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
thanks for the advice guys.
I will definitely try to post some pics as soon as I can borrow a dig. camera from some1, but Im not seeing my ps again for 3 months, when I can get my only pre-op pics in hard-copy to show all of ya.

my 2 main concerns are:

cheers fellas

ps. bambu - your most recent pics look great, and yes you chest is large but its totally in proportion to your frame. Looking awesome, and as far as patriotic tats go, thats one of the more excellent ones Ive seen!

So can anyone else aside from Bambu, give their response or experience to these 2 questions as applies/applied to their recovery period post-op ?

Offline adub

• Posting Member
howdy-ho.  i am about 8 weeks post op and my chest looks better but still got it...  going to go back to ps in another 4 weeks and see if he can do some editing so i can acheive total flatness. ill post some pics later.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024