Author Topic: Is it too late for surgery?  (Read 2187 times)

Offline jhn

• Posting Member
I am kind of worried that I missed the window for surgery before summer.  In other words, assume I have the surgery in April sometime, won't it pretty much ruin my entire summer?  If I can't go out in the sun at all or if I have to wear the garment for a month or the fact that might be bruises might not go away in time.  Would you guys suggest just waiting for the fall now?  This kind of sucks.  But I think it would be kind of awkward having to dress warm during the early summer and avoid going outside exposing my skin to the sun.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
I am in the same boat, and wodering the same thing.

I think an April sugery would still be OK for the summer.  From what I read on this board every case is different. 

IN GENERAL it seems that after about 8 weeks:

Swelling is prevelent, but even with swelling better than haveing G.
Bruising is mostly if not all gone.
Excericise can resume in full, including lifting.
No more compression garments.
Results not close to final, with some loose skin and swelling.

At the very least if you have a mid April Sugery, by Mid June you shoud be feeling good and at least able to wear some tank tops/tight shirts......

I am having my final consult this week and hope to book and April or May proceedure.

My hope is for my late July beach vacation to be great, not perfect, but great! 

Healing from G sugery is better than having it!

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
It's never too late.  You will see good enough results within a month.  Yes, it'll look even better given 6 months, but it'll be totally worth it to get it now. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024