Author Topic: Quick Post-Surgery Question Guys  (Read 3659 times)

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member
Had my surgery last wednesday (today being Monday). Feeling good, pretty sure everything is going alright.

Just curious (and I'm sure this has been asked MANY times before, however:), but when do you guys think I'll be safe to have a glass or two of wine with dinner again?

Thanks for any future replies!

- Mike -

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude.... as long as you are 'of age', go ahead and have a glass or two....  You will not impede the healing process by having a shot or two.... ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
did your doc say anything to you about this to make you ask? 

my only concern is reports of a reported weak link to endocrinology, but see what if anything your doc says otherwise. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member
Thanks for your replies guys. I was just worried about the endocrinic-link associated with not only the healing process but the condition as well. I am not even a week post-op but feel great, and I just didn't want to go put alcohol in my system (in any amount, even though I do not drink in excess of a couple glasses of wine or beer) unknowingly harming the healing process at all, you know?

As far as my Doctor mentioning anything - he didn't. GB would know especially since we had the same surgeon, but I'm pretty sure he said nothing of alcohol ingestion post-op.

I'm using my common sense here in thinking that a moderate amount of alcohol does not necessarily hamper anything - just wanted to make sure first.

PS: I'm excited...the foam comes off tomorrow and I get to see my chest for the first time!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline gynoisgone

• Posting Member
The day my foam came off was a very happy day!!

Congratulations.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm using my common sense here in thinking that a moderate amount of alcohol does not necessarily hamper anything - just wanted to make sure first.

Yeah, that's the key here.... Moderation;)

PS: I'm excited...the foam comes off tomorrow and I get to see my chest for the first time!  ;D ;D ;D

So...... how'd it go?  Do you like what you see?

GB

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member
For the most part I really did- flat as hell- it's strange because I can't remember my chest ever looking like this.

Only minor complaints: left side is a slighter flatter than the right side (I remember him saying he'd be doing more lip on my left side). That, and my nipples (which were very puffy pre-op) look like deflated balloons.

Both of these complaints are just minor, and I'm not worried yet, I've still got healing to do, so I'll see what they look like in a few weeks!

Over all- I'm really happy :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024