Author Topic: Had Surgery This Morning  (Read 3061 times)

Offline David22

• Posting Member
Hello everyone,

I have been a long time browser of these boards, but finally decided to register.
I have suffered from gynecomastia since I was 16;  I am now 21. I had surgery this morning with Dr. Paul Angelchik here in Arizona.  The operation took approximately 2.5 hours.  As I am typing here now, I feel great.  The drain bulbs are doing their job, and I haven't had to take any pain medication.  I have my post-op appointment tomorrow, so I'll see if I can get some photos of my journey to recovery.  Also, I should mention that I am asian-american.  Dr. Angelchik mentioned to me that asian's tend to have a more fibrous tissue structure, as he has performed this surgery on many in the past.  I will keep you guys up to date with photos.

Sincerely,
David

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Congrats on the surgery. Interesting comment about Asians... I wonder what other surgeons think about this.

I'm half Asian and feel like my Gyn is very 'fibrous'. I'm pretty thin - 5'10 140 and my gyn feels less like a solid mass (ping pong ball) and more like the branches of a tree, starting from under the nipple and spreading along the lower chest to the armpit area.... Also seems to be weaved into fat...

Offline David22

• Posting Member
Yeah, that sounds very familiar to how he described.  Although I bet most good gyne surgeons out there will know how to handle this, it made me feel much more comfortable knowing that my surgeon has had prior experience to operating on asian-americans before.

~David

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
I'm also Asians to and what you describe is similar to mine.
I have pics posted on the photo page somewhere.
It would be intersting to see what the regular docs that visit this board has to say.
I'm 5'7 130 lbs. So, I'm not obese or in super shape.
When you go other sites their is not to many pics of Asians.

David - Do you have any pics ?

Offline David22

• Posting Member
Not yet,

I forgot to take pre-op pics; but I'll ask my surgeon this Friday when I get the drains removed.  I'll also take some shots after the drains are removed.

~David

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024