Author Topic: I just had my surgery!  (Read 6132 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Just got home from the surgery! It was totally awesome, I was nervous at first but once they pumped me up with laughing gas I was fine.
Next thing I knew, I was in the recovery room with a flat chest. No drains, non compression vest, no nothing. The bandages were minimal also, just two square bandages over my nipples. The pain is not bad at all, of course there's discomfert. The doctor said there was a lot of swelling but if this is a lot of swelling I can't wait to see what it looks like without the swelling! I'm going back Thursday to take the bandages off. I am sooo happy! I enjoyed the laughing gas also. The doctor removed a ton of gland so I'm 100% flat now!
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline rcbrown23

Right on mate!

No compression vest, eh? I'm no doctor, but I do know it would help immensley with the healing process. It would speed things up, and also help the tissue find it's new home. Might want to wear one or a really tight t-shirt or something.

Just an idea...ask your doc about it.

Good luck on the results.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 07:20:53 AM by rcbrown23 »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Blarney, congrats!

It sounds like you only had excision, right?

Good luck to you and post some pics when you have a moment.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats Man!   ;D ;D ;D

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
yeah just excision no lipo. also, no compression vest. The way that the bandages are on now remind me of how Dr. Bermant does it (at least seems to do it from looking at the pictures). I know Dr. Bermant is among the best; does Dr. Bermant make people where compression vests?

Offline rcbrown23

does Dr. Bermant make people where compression vests?

Yes, he does. I had a consultation with him 3 days ago, and he really stressed the importance of the compression vest. That is why I suggested it to you. He talked about it for a good  couple of minutes and said it was really important the first few weeks.

Don't get worried if you don't have one. There are many docs who don't use them, and I assume they're patients come out just fine...people keep going back.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
That's awesome! I'm really happy for you.

How bad would you say your case was pre-op: mild, moderate, etc?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
yeah just excision no lipo. also, no compression vest. The way that the bandages are on now remind me of how Dr. Bermant does it (at least seems to do it from looking at the pictures). I know Dr. Bermant is among the best; does Dr. Bermant make people where compression vests?

Blarney, if I were you I'd order a vest from Underwords ASAP. Even have it shipped to you overnight. You'll never have a chance to "go back" and fix something is something doesn't turn out well due to a lack of a vest.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
i have to visit my doctor on thursday, i'll ask him then but right now I don't want to do anything he hasn't told me to.

Offline rcbrown23

i have to visit my doctor on thursday, i'll ask him then but right now I don't want to do anything he hasn't told me to.

Call his office on Monday just to be sure. Hell, it can't hurt anything, right?

I'm sure you'll be fine.

-Brown

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
congrATS mate - Its weird that I was just reaDing one of your responses to a post of mine yesterday, and now you're "on the other side".
welcome brother
... and the saga continues

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
hahaha yes, I guess I am on "THE OTHER SIDE"

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Congrats man!  Post some pics!
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
hey I took my bandages off, my nipples are smaller but there is some swelling. my nipples are still puffy (now with just a soft mass not a hard lump), how long will it take for the swelling to go down? I see the doc on thursday.

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Congrats first of all!

I had the op six weeks ago and I still have some swelling. People have told me it can take a few months for swelling to completely subside. In the words or another bloke when I posted about swelling..... "Welcome to the waiting game".
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024