Author Topic: Can it return :(?  (Read 3241 times)

Offline noobie

• Posting Member
Hey i was wondering. I had my surgery done last year NOV30. I had a SHIT LOAD of gland. Will it return in the future?

Offline gynoisgone

• Posting Member
I dont know if it can return, but I had my surgery done about 5 months ago and so far it hasn't returned.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Yes, it is possible to return. I know thats not what you want to hear. But it does happen. I was quoted 30% return by a plastic surgeon. I have seen a post on this site where gyno returned in "one year".  If there is an underlying hormonal imbalance that is still present, this could bring it back. Another reason for gyno coming back is using anabolic steriods after surgery.

The good news? You have a 70% chance it won't come back.

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
From what I've read, it's pretty dependent on what caused it in the first place.  If, like most guys, there was no clear clause, and it came on at puberty and never went away, I think the odds of it coming back are slim.  If it is a result of an on-oning imbalance or the use of certain drugs, etc, then, yeah, there's a good chance after the operation, it will come back as the cause is still there.

I know for my own part, after reading up on this site, I'm definitely going to review my diet to make sure I'm not accidentally helping it come back now that I've had the surgery.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
my personal opinion is the food hormone risk is not exaggerated. 

30% recurrence sounds high to me, but you definitely want to be sure any inciting hormonal factors have leveled off. 

* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
it bettr not i just paid 5 k for surgery and the pain is relentless

LOL. Amen. It is a fucking bitch.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024