Author Topic: 25 years old, right puffy nipple for 1-2 months, thoughts?  (Read 2835 times)

Offline new1

Hi,

Glad to find this site. I've been reading stories of people who have had gynecomastia for many years, but not many who have recently developed it.

I noticed swelling, tenderness, and puffiness in my right nipple last month and figured I had bruised my nipple during bench pressing or something similar. When it wasn't going away, I did a search online and found this website. I went to a general physician to make sure it wasn't cancerous, and had blood work done (everything came back normal). The physician said it was likely that it would go away within a couple of months, but he did say he thought it was gynecomastia.

A bit more information -- 6' tall, 185 lbs, fairly muscular (no sterioids or anything like that, just occassional protein powder). I still have a very flat left nipple. In fact, I would almost rather have gyne in both nipples. As far as I can tell, the gyne is almost fully glandular (triangular nipple).

Questions:

* From what you've read about this condition, do you believe it is possible that this will go away in the near future?
* Could there be any drugs I could take to bring down the swelling/puffiness?
* Have any of you developed gyne in only one nipple? Do you believe that the second one will develop shortly?
* How likely is it that gyne will go away for someone who develops it at 25 years old?
* I plan do see an endocronologist in the near future. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your advice. It's been a huge help reading through this site.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
that's an odd age to be getting it, though not impossible. 

1.  it's possible, and at the normal 10-14 kind of range probable, but you'd want to know why it's acting up now.  there are a standard number of things to check for, you might find a list of "potential underlying causes" to check for as a formality on something like bermant's site.  assume you're not taking something like propecia?  then you might look at other environmental factors, anything weird like really high dairy consumption, meleuca or other suspected oils with possible estro effects (plug that into the site search engine), or long shots like klinefelter's.  you might want to talk to an endocrinologist to pin it down better. 
2.  maybe estro blockers, but that's a question to run by the endo. 
3.  it happens less often but sometimes, i wouldn't think the other would get it by now, but see #1. 
4.  hard to say, again depends on #1.  if you were at the younger age, you'd have maybe 75% odds towards year 3, but i don't think you can go by that now. 
5.  mostly be ready to answer questions about almost anything mentioned above, even the protein powder. 

sorry to say welcome. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline MSJ108

It can happen i got puffy nips at 24 years old!

Offline new1

Thanks all. I will set up an appointment with an endo today.

Offline MSJ108

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024