Author Topic: Questions  (Read 2215 times)

Offline yorkie

Hello all,

Been reading the boards for a while, but having a couple of questions.

Im 24, I have unilateral gynecomastia, described as mild by my surgeon!  I have had surgery and revision surgery.

After the first surgery there seemed to be no improvement, it was lypo only.  Revision surgery seems to have taken away most of the gyne, however, am fairly sure that there is still some remaining - 4 weeks post op.

I developed gyne about 14/15.

Is there much chance of gyne recurring?  Is there a reasoning behind unilateral gyne?

I have been reading the boards and am now questioning whether I should have my hormones tested, what do you think?  Which tests would be required?  Im in the uk.  I have a fairly hairless body, v.little underarm hair, no chest hair, little facial hair.  Body shape is fairly normal.

Thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Offline MSJ108

Yes sir get the blood work done. I would have got it done before surgeries but thats just me. Best of luck.

Offline yorkie

Im based in the uk, should this be something a GP can do?  im not sure how to go about it!

Only through reading the boards have I realised.

How long after have people had problems with recurring gyne?  Is there an age when gyne will stop developing? (ie if you have been through puberty, are you safe??!)

Offline MSJ108

GP should be able to do blood work. My GP did mine

The body is complex and things can happen for gyne to occur. I started getting it at 24!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm not sure anyone really understands unilateral. 

recurrence risk is small at your age but still dependent on the endo situation.  if you don't think anything's really wrong, it would depend on whether testing gave you more peace of mind. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024