Author Topic: Random Question - I'd like your Opinions  (Read 3288 times)

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member
So here's my story.

In January I was about 180 pounds, I'm 5'9ish. I decided to try Extreme Fitness and tone up since I wasn't really toned much and they did an assessment on me at 22%BF (135 Lean and 45 Fat).

I then proceeded to work out consistently for the next two months, really work hard, you know? Come beginning of March and up till before my surgery I got down to 163 pounds, and last I checked - 14%BF (141 Lean and 22 Fat). I had been taking whey/casein protein everyday along with a multivitamin (Mega Mens).

Well then came surgery on March 12th (I exercised up until the day before surgery). I haven't worked out, but I've eating very well about 85% of the time since (giving leeway for some junk days and a night or two of having about three or four glasses of wine). I've also still been taking the protein (only making sure I get about 80grams a day to Maintain rather than the usual 120grams or so a day I'd been taking to grow some muscle).

So yesterday I decided it was time to slowly head back to the gym and start off with some long-light cardio but I decided to get another body comp analysis beforehand to see how much work I had ahead of me.

I was literally in absolute shock - I'm 160 pounds now, and their test said 26.5%BF! (117 Lean and 43 Fat).

I must say though that their test doesn't really account for their 'subjects' previous work out history, but STILL. Also, I don't know about Extreme Fitness...they're sort of sketchy as far as reeling their customers in with hidden fees and random policies (they really do want your money).

My question is: is it actually possible to lose 24 pounds of lean mass and gain it all back in fat in 2 friggin weeks?!?! Just from not exercising??

I'd appreciate your responses guys, thanks!

- Mike -
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:06:31 AM by m9taylor »

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
If you didn't change your diet during the time that you were not working out, you could easily have gained a good amount of weight.  You should have almost cut your calorie intake in half during those 2 weeks to maintain your weight.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
absolutely not possible in a two week period under normal circumstances.

What method of testing did they use?

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member
Raceoholic- that would have been extremely unhealthy for me since I live on a 1600 or so calorie diet as it. Also, I didn't Gain any literal weight per say, I actually lost a few pounds.

Dcvet- Thought so, it's this "Bod-e-com" system using a computer, they input my height - 5'9 - my weight - 161 - my age - 19 - and the amount of exercise I had been doing for the past while and then use this sort of microphone instrument, place it on the top/side of my bicep: then it 'calculates' the info.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 09:18:20 AM by m9taylor »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My question is: is it actually possible to lose 24 pounds of lean mass and gain it all back in fat in 2 friggin weeks?!?! Just from not exercising??

Highly doubtful dude...  Sounds kinda fishy to me...

Also, I don't know about Extreme Fitness...they're sort of sketchy as far as reeling their customers in with hidden fees and random policies (they really do want your money).

Hehe...  everyone wants your money dude...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024