Author Topic: Which Sort of Doctors will deal  (Read 2243 times)

Offline balakumar

i suffer from gynecomastia for past 5 years. i tried pushups but till now i have not overcome any improvement. i have puffy nipples but my chest looks normal when i try to crush my nipples i can feel a disc like hard gland behind my nipple. i am really uncomfort with gyne. please any one help to get rid off it.

i cant go for surgery pls anyanyone help me to overcome gyne. through other way tell me different workout, any food habits to increase the testosterones. pls suggest. i studied that by eating Cauliflower,
Cabbage will help to increase testosterones. someone said that keeping ice will reduce it... will it shrink.

i am from india. pls tell me which kind of doctors will deal with gyne.

here am attaching a picture, but in my case i have less puffyness compared to the picture.

pls give me u r valuable ideas

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Now, I'm not a doctor (although there seem to be a few here.. or surgeons) but, from all that I spoke to in my travels, the answer is "no". I wouldn't put too much faith in people's home remedies for this kind of thing. It's been studied by many with seemingly few solid solutions. I just paid a whole lot of money I didnt really have to correct this problem next week. If I thought I could do it cheaper, I would have done it years ago. I hope that if you can't get the surgery, that you find an alternative solution that helps. Weight loss and excersize seems to help mask some parts of gyne to an extent, but, that isn't going to solve the proble. Good luck, hopefully one of the doctors here can steer you in the right direction.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
From the one photo you have posted and your history, it does appear that you have gynecomastia which would require surgery for complete improvement.

I would caution you about trying and hoping that certain food regimens or even certain herbal remedies could help -- if there were something out there that really worked, you would hear about it on this board.

Best to save your money and go to a reputable surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I wish eating cabbage fixed gyne...could have saved 5000 dollars  >:(

At this point in time surgery is the only answer for puffy nipples.  Maybe one day in the future they will invent a drug to fix the problem
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is no magic pill, diet, or secret remedy.

Male breast reduction has become one of the most commonly performed elective surgeries.  As such, I feel certain that it would be an important part of the training of any cosmetic surgeon.

The conservative surgical approach of risking the need for revision to remove more tissue later is what any thinking patient should hope for. The reverse, trying to cover the damage when too much is removed, is difficult and not always successful.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Could not agree more with Paa-Paw.

I shudder when a patient comes to me after prior gyne surgery and asks for correction.  There will aways be scar tissue, which makes any subsequent surgery more difficult and less predictable.  There may be contour irregularities which are difficult to fix.  Most important, patients don't want to hear me say that I can improve but not make it perfect -- they are looking for me to make it perfect.

It is always better to leave a bit than to take out too much and try to replace it subsequently -- that is the artistry and experience of surgery.

And the choice of an appropriate and experienced surgeon is paramount for your first (and hopefully only) gyne surgery.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024