Author Topic: Help with a specific article, please!  (Read 1968 times)

Offline bas8743

I was looking for a specific article that I found on google I believe a few months back. I was written by a mother on the west coast about her son. It detailed exactly how to win the appeal with your insurance company. I know that it included sample letters from an edocrinologist and psychologist. I am going to see a therapist in the near future and Id like to know exactly what I need to have the surgery covered by insurance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline bas8743

Nvm I found it people! I don' think there is a better resource out there, for anyone who wants to check out exactly how to get the surgery covered here is the link!!

http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/articles/mothers_story.shtml

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Letter C - Letter from the therapist to the insurance company)

"I first examined Patrick in 2002 and began providing therapeutic counseling relative to both the physiological and psychological manifestations stemming from his unusually severe gynecomastia.

The psychological impact of living with gynecomastia has been very significant for Patrick. For the past 4 years, he has actively avoided any physical activity that would reveal his atypical breast enlargement. He has avoided PE classes, sports programs, summer camps, and swimming. As a young adult, now in high school, Patrick cannot undress amongst his peers, and thus will have difficulty fully participating in PE classes. Taking part in overnight and other selected social events will continue to be an issue. His fear of taunting, teasing and humiliation associated with this physical disorder is palpable. Patrick wears double and sometimes triple layers of clothes and has adapted a hunched posture to hide signs of this unusual glandular hypertrophy. Socially, this condition will lead to further manifestations of inadequacy, signs I am already observing to include isolation, an eating disorder, low self-esteem and lack of worthiness. This is manifesting itself at a time when developing healthy social awareness and acceptance is critical to long term self-esteem. If these avoidance behaviors and inactivity persist, then healthy wellness patterns will not develop. Patrick will be predisposed to weight gain, which will have implications for future cardiovascular disease and diabetes risk."

Sound familiar?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024