Author Topic: Real Causes?  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Jan

• Posting Member
Guys can u pls tell me what really causes gynecomastia?

and of course the pseudogynecomastia?

How can u differentiate the two?

Thnx... :)

DrBermant

Guys can u pls tell me what really causes gynecomastia?

and of course the pseudogynecomastia?

How can u differentiate the two?

Thnx... :)

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to distinguish just what is causing the problem.  Gynecomastia male breasts can be fat, gland, or most commonly a combination of both.  Sometimes skin and sagging tissues can be a factor.  Pseudo Gynecomastia (pseudogynecomastia) is supposed to be fat only gynecomastia.  The problem with that "classification" is that in almost every case of gynecomastia I have seen there is some component of gland.  This gland can be very small, but it is present almost all the time.  So do you have Pseudo gynecomastia when there is a 1%, 10%, 50%, or 90% deformity from fat?  Reality just does not work that way.

There are many possible Drugs and Medications that can cause Gynecomastia and Medical Problems that also can cause Gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

DrBermant

I have also made a new page about Pseudogynecomastia to stress the issues and problems with the label pseudo gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
Is it anyhow possible to get gyne from an injury? About 2 weeks before I developed gyne in 5th grade I fell from a roof on to the ground on some glass window panes. I had a pretty deep cut about 6 inches directly under my left armpit. 2 weeks later my left nipple developed gyne then a week after that my right nipple got it and ive been stuck like that ever since. I dont know if this did it but I do remember my mom putting some kind of natural herb healing thing on it a few times. The thing that makes me think it could be it is that the gyne developed left to right starting from the side of my injury. Anyone?

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
Nick, I believe that was definetely a coincidence that it appeared around the same time.
I first got mine in junior high after one of my buddies gave me a "titty-twister".. 2 weeks later they developed. Just an odd coincidence, though

Offline SoX

• Posting Member
i got mine from putting on weight im fairly sure so i thought like with the rest of it it would all come off when i lose weight but it didnt so i researched and thats how i found out it was a real disease which really killed my motivation

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
A doctor has also told me that my hemoglobin (something called or sounding like that) in my blood is too high or too low (this was a while ago so i dont remember exactly) I didnt remember him saying that it affected the gyne at all though.

DrBermant

Is it anyhow possible to get gyne from an injury? About 2 weeks before I developed gyne in 5th grade I fell from a roof on to the ground on some glass window panes. I had a pretty deep cut about 6 inches directly under my left armpit. 2 weeks later my left nipple developed gyne then a week after that my right nipple got it and ive been stuck like that ever since. I dont know if this did it but I do remember my mom putting some kind of natural herb healing thing on it a few times. The thing that makes me think it could be it is that the gyne developed left to right starting from the side of my injury. Anyone?

The only cases of trauma caused gynecomastia that I have seen have been related to damage and then dysfunction of the testicles.  However, it could involve any disruption of the endocrine axis that can cause breast growth.  I have also seen trauma related chest deformity resulting in distortions that could be roughly construed as a breast.  This does not include the surgical "trauma" of breast enlargement such as a breast implant (do not offer).

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
Nick, I believe that was definetely a coincidence that it appeared around the same time.
I first got mine in junior high after one of my buddies gave me a "titty-twister".. 2 weeks later they developed. Just an odd coincidence, though
it could have been, it probably was.  and yet medicine is strange enough you almost wonder. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024