Author Topic: 3 months post op!!  (Read 7334 times)

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
Hey guys 3 months post op today...A couple questions to others who've had the op.first of all I am pretty pleased with the way it looks now,but i'm hoping for some other minor improvements...So here's the main question: If the doc didn't take out enough fat on one side is it possible to work out enough to get rid of it??(could this be swelling ?or what have you??)Now I'm not saying that he didn't but I'd like to hear some opinions on this if anyone has had a similar experience...thanx
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Working out (weight training) doesn't make you lose fat as much as cardiovascular exercising does.  The efficacy of cardio comes from keeping your heartrate at a 60%+ elevated pace for an extended period of time (30+ minutes).  You may customize a weight training workout to use less weight in order to do more reps/sets to keep up your heart rate while also building muscle, but I don't know anybody who would suggest only weight training rather than mostly cardio in order to lose fat.

To answer your question, I see no reason why exercising shouldn't remove the fat over time.  The problem with chest / abdominal fat is that it's the hardest to lose since fat burning cannot be targetted to a certain area.  Much good luck to you with your endeavor, one that I share.  Hit the exercise bike or jog, diet, and DRINK LOTS OF WATER (to the point where your piss has no yellow in it).  Water is vital to losing fat as it helps the body release the fat cells and promote a faster metabolism.

Btw, I'm by no means an expert, and anybody may feel free to comment on my input.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
thanx for the input man...i've been doing a lot of cardio traing for a month as well as weight training....lost about 5 pounds in that time...so let me get this straight if the"fat"doesn't go away in a years time(revision requirement i suppose)you think this fat can be worked off?

It's just that I though i read somewhere that you can't lose this type of fat...anyways thanx

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Well like I said, chest fat is the hardest to burn.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
hey jonq - Im 5 weeks post-op and also v. concerned that my chest not exactly being as flat as I thought/hoped it'd be could be down to fat - especially since my ps told me he only removed 15cc per side ( which apparently according to people on these boards is nothing really).

I'm also hoping that I can cut my bodyfat down further, and thus burn some fat in the chest eventually.

My understanding of the fat on the chest that cant be worked off is the type occurring in full-blown "pseudo-gyne), where it is very large amounts of very localized fat that has for whatever reason accumulated in this one spot , and accumulated over a significant time period - but I may be wrong about that.

anyway... I still think that I could have probably had more fat lipo'd, even at this early stage, I can see that my chest profile is still quite "bulky" or I dunno, maybe extensive is the word, when I guess I thought it would be flatter.

hopefully someone else can input here, and let us learn the reality of this situation

ta ta
... and the saga continues

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
if you have psuedo-gyne then that is simply a fancy word for "fat accumulation in the breast area." So, if you go on a very successful diet/excercise plan you CAN lose that fat. it is just stubborn to lose.

the kind of fat in the chest area that does not respond to diet and excercise is the kind of breast tissue that Bambu had. go look at his before pics. that kind of fat will not go away.

but, for the person who never used to have a fatty chest, and then gained 20-30 pounds and finds themself with makeshift breasts... you CAN lose that fat, IMO.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
Thanx stillgot,that was what I 'd wanted to hear ...who knows , maybe after a years time everything will look that much better,I feel confident that he removed all the gland though..

Tonysoprano,thanx for the input,Like you i developed scar tissue about 5-6 weeks post op,(grated cheese look maybe?)keep massaging though dude,it goes away .... I'll post pics at the 4 month stage...jon

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Thanx stillgot,that was what I 'd wanted to hear ...who knows , maybe after a years time everything will look that much better,I feel confident that he removed all the gland though..

Tonysoprano,thanx for the input,Like you i developed scar tissue about 5-6 weeks post op,(grated cheese look maybe?)keep massaging though dude,it goes away .... I'll post pics at the 4 month stage...jon

THANKS dude.. I needed to hear that. My results were looking sweet and my nips were flat and smooth until beginning of this week, 5 weeks post-op. suddenly I take off the vest and there is heaps of blobs and lumps of scar tissue and its painful and tender as shit! big shock it is.
The one thing I am worried about is massaging the scar tissue area too hard and actually causing the healing incision scars to widen... because I have scar tissue right under the incision scars too , and I wanted too keep them as narrow and slitty as possible.
gulp!
should I just ring my ps? He warned me this would 90% be likely to happen.I know he's gonna tell me to just massage like Im kneeding away a muscle knot and wait for more months, but you cant help being nervous/worried when you suddenly see this. Im not due to visit him still for another 2 months either.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
if you have psuedo-gyne then that is simply a fancy word for "fat accumulation in the breast area." So, if you go on a very successful diet/excercise plan you CAN lose that fat. it is just stubborn to lose.

the kind of fat in the chest area that does not respond to diet and excercise is the kind of breast tissue that Bambu had. go look at his before pics. that kind of fat will not go away.

but, for the person who never used to have a fatty chest, and then gained 20-30 pounds and finds themself with makeshift breasts... you CAN lose that fat, IMO.

So essentially you're saying that if someone has a gyne-op (excision and lipo) and theyre not happy with the level of flatness afterwards,providing that most of the gland has been removed, that they can achieve further flatness by simply working off more body fat (exercise and diet), if the lipo aspect of the operation has still fat available in the chest ??

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

So essentially you're saying that if someone has a gyne-op (excision and lipo) and theyre not happy with the level of flatness afterwards,providing that most of the gland has been removed, that they can achieve further flatness by simply working off more body fat (exercise and diet), if the lipo aspect of the operation has still fat available in the chest ??

No. What I am saying is that "pseudogynecomastia" isn't really gynecomastia at all. The name "pseudo" means "like." It isn't really breast growth, it is just fat that has accumulated on the chest.

Real breast tissue is like what you see here on Bambu:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bambu@rogers.com/album?.dir=/4efc&. src=ph&.tok=phyrvPCBZ_Dlx7LB

Most people with fat on the chest don't have this dense breast tissue. They are usually just overweight and have a hard time losing this fat. But, it CAN be lost with due diligence.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
Hey man,(Tony)I starting the massage at about 4-6 weeks, but only lightly at first because i was still so tender and sore,now at about 3 months post op,the grated cheese look is 90% gone ,I still have some scar tissue but the massaging is working...hope this helps...

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hey man,(Tony)I starting the massage at about 4-6 weeks, but only lightly at first because i was still so tender and sore,now at about 3 months post op,the grated cheese look is 90% gone ,I still have some scar tissue but the massaging is working...hope this helps...

yeh jq. helps me to be hopeful very much. thank you. I guess its too early to be getting stressed at 5.5 weeks, but when you read about people who say they were 90% healed with no scarring at like 2 weeks , together with pics and then they say they were 100% healed at 6-8 ... its hard not to worry. Obviously one doesnt wanna think about those that are 1 year plus post-op and still "incomplete projects"

I'll keep plugging away with this massage

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

No. What I am saying is that "pseudogynecomastia" isn't really gynecomastia at all. The name "pseudo" means "like." It isn't really breast growth, it is just fat that has accumulated on the chest.

Real breast tissue is like what you see here on Bambu:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bambu@rogers.com/album?.dir=/4efc&. src=ph&.tok=phyrvPCBZ_Dlx7LB

Most people with fat on the chest don't have this dense breast tissue. They are usually just overweight and have a hard time losing this fat. But, it CAN be lost with due diligence.

I know this already. I am not talking about breat tissue.
I am saying that if one has a gyne operation involving both excision and a bit of lipo, and they are still not satisfied afterwards with the overall flatness. If post-op there is minimal gland tissue left as it is, one would have to deduce that the most probable way they could have been left flatter is if more of the localised fat had been removed...(you following?) So now , is that person able to burn off any further fat in the chest (obviously with whole body fat-loss) that they felt could/should have been removed with the lipo, but maybe wasnt ????

Is it realistic to think that one can go and work off the unremoved (by lipo) chest-fat through diet and exercise post-op, that was previously fat trapped between the chest wall and the gland, rendering it even more stubborn, or have they missed the boat, by not having extensive-enough lipo performed?

That is what I was getting at before.( nothing to do with gland or brest tissue)

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
Hey tony,I totally agree with you on how some people are completely healed at 2 months time...I'm finding it hard to be patient for a whole year ya know... :-/

But i mean the doc must have a point if he says to wait for a year, we're just the slow healers...

Yeah and the overall flatness thing too,I'm totally on the same wave lenght as you,can anyone answer this question??if i still have some fat lefover id rather lose it naturally than having to have more surgery!!later

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Tony, obviously I am not a doctor and cannot answer your questions absolutely. But, if the problem is fat and not breast tissue or gland, then "yes," it should be able to be used up as fuel (via exercise and moderate calorie restriction). I don't see any reason why this would not be the case.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024