Author Topic: Will it ever go away?  (Read 2345 times)

Offline ikke91

• Posting Member
Hi there,
I have Gynecomastia now for over 3 years(I'm 17 now). I'm really sick of it.
I always avoid swimmingpools and have some excuses to don't have to swim.
I always go 10 mins earlier to gym to change shirts before anyone see's my nipples.
Last year my nipples didn't get bigger nor smaller. I don't have fat around my nipples just a hard lumb(I think olmost 5 cm in diameter). The left one is a little larger then the right.
Now I have a question...

Does anyone who has this for this long, "cured" it? Without any operation? Thanks...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
There is no 'natural' cure...  Sorry...  :-\

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Well, I think the general concensus will be.. Not likely. I suppose anything can happen and there are some people I'm sure, that were fortunate enough to have it work itself out somehow. But, the reason we're all here is cause we have/had gynecomatia and needed direction cause it wasnt going away. I just had surgery dude. Had lived with it for 23 years.. No cream, treatment, special diet makes this stuff go away.Man, I did all the same things;Find excuses to wear a shirt, be first in and last out of the pools at school or wherever. Depending on where you live and the insurance/healthcare available to you. I'm going to try and save you 23 years of misery. Get properly diagnosed by a doctor, start a discussion (as horrible as it may seem) with your parents about finding a way to impliment your surgeon's solution. Personally, if your parents dont get it or need to know more, again, back to the doctor or even refer them to here. This place is a great resource.. Use it.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline ikke91

• Posting Member
Hmm, I took off once my shirt on the beach (stupid me). I thought to myself nobody would notice, "It aint that big". Well after 30 minutes the girl who was next to me yelled: "Ewww, you got boobies. Evryone who were sitting there saw it and I was really ashamed. That was really the last time i took of my shirt in public. I hate when people react like that without thinking about "our" feelings.

Ow and I live in the netherlands.,, anyone fimiliar with operations there?

And thank you for your quick reply's :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:54:29 PM by ikke91 »

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Sounds a lot like the crap I went through. Well, I live in Canada and our helth care system and insurance is fairly uniqu compared to the rest of the world. From what I understand, there are great surgeons around the world for this and I don't doubt you have your share in Holland. Having said that. It's an embarasssing step, but, if you want to get rid of the problem, you're going to have to involve a few people (doctor and parent.. or whoever is paying or has insurance). TRUST me, if you can take care of it now, do it. All the best, man.

Offline ikke91

• Posting Member
Hmm, thanks I will disquss it with my mom soon... I told her about my gyne when i first noticed it. I went to the doctor and he said it will go away most of the time in 1-2 months but sometimes longer (like me).
My mom didn't ask anything about my gyne after that and I think she thought it would be over in 2 month's. And i didn't want to tell her it again(one time is scary enough ::)).
But I think now is the time to tell it again...
Well it's nice that you took time to reply :), thanks!.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Hmm, I took off once my shirt on the beach (stupid me). I thought to myself nobody would notice, "It aint that big". Well after 30 minutes the girl who was next to me yelled: "Ewww, you got boobies. Evryone who were sitting there saw it and I was really ashamed. That was really the last time i took of my shirt in public. I hate when people react like that without thinking about "our" feelings.

Ow and I live in the netherlands.,, anyone fimiliar with operations there?

And thank you for your quick reply's :)

The comments from hot young girls would cut the deepest.
Never happened to me, thankfully, but I can see how it would really destroy your self confidence.

There is no medicinal cure...the cure is surgery, however you are fairly young and it might (slim chance) go away.  Mine went away at that age but came back when I gained a lot of weight and started working out with weights at about age 22.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
You'll have a whole new confidence if you get it operated on. Believe me and anyone here whos had it done. If you get it done soon, you'll be lucky enough to enjoy your younger years with one less inhabition.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024