Author Topic: Causes ??  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Jackie_R

Hi,

I'm new to this site, so I apologize in advance if this has been discussed in detail before. Just point to the thread and I'll find it.  I've been gathering that the major cause of gyne  is the hormones beginning at puberty.

Are there any external causes ?? I seem to remember reading something about Lavender and tea tree oil also jump starting the process.

I'm 60 yo and have always been chubby. My chest has always protruded a little, but my belly protruded more so it was never a problem. I'm old enough that I'll probably never do anything about my chest, but want to learn more about gyne.

Thank you in advance for any comments, information, pointers to threads/articles.

Jackie

DrBermant

Hi,

I'm new to this site, so I apologize in advance if this has been discussed in detail before. Just point to the thread and I'll find it.  I've been gathering that the major cause of gyne  is the hormones beginning at puberty.

Are there any external causes ?? I seem to remember reading something about Lavender and tea tree oil also jump starting the process.

I'm 60 yo and have always been chubby. My chest has always protruded a little, but my belly protruded more so it was never a problem. I'm old enough that I'll probably never do anything about my chest, but want to learn more about gyne.

Thank you in advance for any comments, information, pointers to threads/articles.

Jackie

You can learn about the many Causes of Gynecomastia here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
In the majority of cases, it is unknown (Idiopathic) why Gynecomastia develops.

Yes, I recall reading about Lavender and tee tree oil as a cause. Not sure if there is any truth to it though...

Some other 'known' causes are hormonal issues, especially during puberty. Genetic abnomality, drug use such as Steroids, Propecia, Alcohol and Marijuana. However there are no hard facts concerning pot smoking/drinking and Gynecomastia development.

You say that you're too old to have your Gynecomastia rectified. Let me ask you this... does the fact that your chest "Protrudes a little", bother you?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Jackie_R

Hi again,

First, Dr. Bermant and GB, thank you for your replies.

GB, in answer to your question, no it doesn't. I've always associated it with my chubbiness, so accepted it as part of my body, like my protruding stomach, so didn't worry about it. When I found this site, it made me think, and I wanted to know more, but they're now both are as much apart of me as any other part of my not-handsome body. It's always been, take me as I am or leave me alone.

Again, thank you very much for the replies.

DrBermant

Hi again,

First, Dr. Bermant and GB, thank you for your replies.

GB, in answer to your question, no it doesn't. I've always associated it with my chubbiness, so accepted it as part of my body, like my protruding stomach, so didn't worry about it. When I found this site, it made me think, and I wanted to know more, but they're now both are as much apart of me as any other part of my not-handsome body. It's always been, take me as I am or leave me alone.

Again, thank you very much for the replies.

Men tend to put fat on the belly and chest.  Weight loss before plastic surgery is usually better than losing weight after.  Have you checked your BMI - Body Mass Index Calculator?

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

That's great....  Awesome attitude!

My hat is off to you my friend!  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024