Author Topic: new and have some questions ?????  (Read 3297 times)

Offline seezak

• Posting Member
hey my name is nick. i have had this problem since i was about 13 years old i am now 19. i have puffy nipples that stick out about an inch. i was told to work out my chest to get rid of this. been working out for a year and improved my bench by 50 lbs, but still no improvement whit my boobs. i need help i live in Florida and love to go surfing and skimming. please tell me what i have to do to get rid of this problem. or is surgery the only answer... thanks every one.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Hi Nick

From your description, it would seem that surgery would be your best, quickest and most direct treatment.  No amount of diet or exercise will improve this condition.

Would recommend you search for plastic surgeons in your area who are experienced in gyne surgery.  Alternatively, you can obtain referrals from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons  888 475 2784.

Best of luck!!

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline seezak

• Posting Member
what about horamone treatment will it help over time reduce my gyen??? how about my nipples is there any way to get rid of that with out surgery its just really expensive..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You can certainly have your hormones checked by an endocrinologist.  Most often the tests come back as "normal." 

Unfortunately, once breast tissue is established (your story is that you have had it 6 years, from age 13 to 19), the only way to remove it is thru surgery.  Most often, "puffy nipples" are due to the presence of breast tissue directly underneath the areola, thereby causing them to protrude.  No amount of diet or exercise will help to reduce it.

Suggest you at least consult with a plastic surgeon who is experienced in gyne surgery -- you can get lots of answers at that time.  If surgery still remains your best answer, then perhaps you can save or borrow for the procedure.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
Where you located in Florida?  I live in Orlando and just had mine done about a week ago.  I suggest you talk with George H Pope.  He's a PS that just recently joined the site.  Great guy and knows his stuff.

Offline seezak

• Posting Member
now i have been looking up surgery it seems really traumatic to your body. can some one tell me what they do for this surgery??

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Hello friend. I too live in Florida and would like to go to the beach. I'm sorry to tell you, but chances are surgery is your only option. You can go to an endocrinologist for hormone tests, but like Dr Jacobs said, most of the time they come back normal and therefore hormone treatment is not an option. I have protruding nipples just like you do, and recently, I have been in talks with Dr. Pope in Orlando. I hear he is one of the best in Florida. You should send him a message and talk to him about your condition. He is very helpful and one of the nicest people I have come in contact with on the boards.

The surgery procedure, from what i hear, is not that painful. It's most likely not going to harm your body if you go to a specializing and experienced surgeon. From experience and viewing pictures, if you are in really good shape, your chest looks completely normal after the operation. What they do in the procedure is take out the glands that cause your gynecomastia (but leave a little bit in because it is normal to have a little gland and this prevents the chest caving in) and if you need it (which is the case most of the time), liposuction.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 03:42:49 PM by CodySockeye »

Offline seezak

• Posting Member
i really think i do have a hormone problem that is contributing to this. but from what i understand event if i fix the imbalance the tissue there will not go away is this correct??

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
my friend had it for 18 months and it went away on its own.

just throwing that idea out there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024