Author Topic: message of hope and optimism - tell me what you think  (Read 2421 times)

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
Very recently, a matter of minutes ago, in an uncharacteristic burst of confidence, I decided to confide my puffy nipple situation to a very close friend from school over msn. I even sent him some pictures.

I didn't expect him to be unsupportive, but I was truly shocked by how comforting he was. I was even more suprised to learn that HE had had puffy nipples for 18 months (they went down btw)!!!

He told me not to worry, they're not that bad etc. he was very understanding, he even reassured me about girls.

I now feel able to go swimming and stuff, even if one or two people look, they'll just look and move on - and so will I.

It's not as if I'm happy to have gyno, and I'd jump at the chance of surgery, but I somehow don't feel as ashamed as before.

So I want to spread this feeling amongst my fellow young members and sufferers of gyno, who have abandoned locker room changing, and swimming. Take it from me, a PEER with puffy nipples - darn it, just take off your shirt, and go the the beach or whatever.

Also, take my advice: if you have a friend good enough to not laugh at you (and believe me, most wont, or theyre not a real friend) TELL THEM. Let them reassure you, because they WILL, and it takes a MASSIVE pressure off you.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
That's great. I actually have a best friend that I dont think would make fun of me, but I don't want to tell him because I am in the process of getting surgery :). If I do get surgery, I might tell him about it because I've actually noticed that HE has gynecomastia as well. It's nowhere near as bad as mine, but it usually feels good to help and share experiences with other people.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
It really does, doesn't it?? I feel so much better.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

Offline Spleen

Honestly, most folks could give a sh*t about how your chest looks.  There's nothing wrong about wanting to improve your appearance but letting your chest get in the way of a normal existence just ain't worth it.

Offline gynguy

• Posting Member
Hey Cody, I am in a similar situation.  I recently had my surgery and am in the healing process, and I have contemplated telling one of my good friends about it.  He actually has a much more advanced case than I did.  The weird thing about it is that it almost seems as if he thinks he is just out of shape, and has no idea that he has gyn.  I noticed that he has no problem taking off his shirt, going swimming etc.  I  want to help him so he can get it taken care of, but I almost think he would be in denial.  Who knows... maybe he is lurking around these boards just as I am.

GynO_DuDe

I had severe gyne .. so I had to get mine removed.

But I told my friends and family they were all supportive ... its the way I told them. Im generally a joker so the way I presented the problem was good. Mates told me they never ever noticed (thats because I was a pro at concealing them!).

But any way, im gyne free now ... but yeah, its possible to have everyone support you.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
darn it, just take off your shirt, and go the the beach or whatever.

Easier 'said' than 'done' dude...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
hey lol when i typed that, i sed 'f*u*c*k it' not 'darn it'

and i agree, it is easier said than done, especially for members with more sever cases.

its been said a million times, im sure, but its more in your head than on your chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024