Author Topic: "Came out" to my sister today  (Read 2710 times)

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Well, today I did something that I thought would be very difficult (and it was). I "came out" about my gynecomastia to my sister. So now, I've told my mother, my deadbeat father, my uncle, my grandmother, and my sister. She was the final person that I needed to tell, and it's a load off my shoulders. She was obviously very uncomfortable with what I was telling her, and I acknowledged this. I told her that now she knows my deepest darkest secret, and I want her to be open and honest with me, and not be afraid to come to me with her problems.

So now, all there is left to do is somehow get the money for surgery and I should be good to go. In the last couple of days, I feel like I've made more progress with this than the last couple of years. I hope everything works out.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
I'm happy for you, really I am. Its a very positive step.

Why's your father a 'deadbeat?'

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
lol, well he doesn't answer my phonecalls, return them, acknowledge my existence, etc. he left about 3 years ago and i've barely heard from him since. I talked to him for a few months last year which is when i told him about my gyno. he has another daughter and did the same thing to her. she's like 26 now and has a daughter, my niece... He doesn't even know he's a grandfather and the girl is like 2 years old. Sad, isnt it?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I truly don't understand why a father would abandon his own children like that.   :'(

Yes... very sad indeed!

What a schmuck....

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
ive seen your pictures, cody, and you dont even have very sever gyno. (not that i'm trying to belittle your case) was it really nessecary 'coming out' to all these people? it doesn't seem all that noticable, thats all. (kinda like mine)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
elcrep...

For most, no matter what the severity is, the psychological pain is all the same...

GB

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
If you read what goes along with the pictures, I clearly state that it is worse when it is not 60 degrees outside, which is most of the time here in Florida. I want to get the surgery regardless, and I need to be open and honest about it with the people that care about me.

Really, the fact that my father is the way he is does not bother me at all. I am my own person and growing up without him has made me nothing but stronger. I don't even know why I thought he would be any different this last time around, but now I know where I stand with him so at least I have a little closure.

Offline outertrial

Seems like an uphill battle but you have the right attitude. I know from experience how annoying dead beat dads are, for what its worth youre almost undoubtedly better off with him out of your life than in it.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024