Author Topic: My PS explained why vest for 7 days works  (Read 2478 times)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Ok I'm going to try and remember what he told me:

Liposuction was originally developed by the French, and post operation, women (lipo patients were typically women) were instructed the wear the compression garments for three months.  The procedure was later adopted by Americans, but American women were generally unwilling to wear a compression vest for three months, so it was brought down the six weeks.  Needless to say, it eventually got down to seven days, and my PS said that he has seen no difference between seven days and three months (he's been a plastic surgeon for 28 years).  

He explained how the cannula creates little tunnels and the compression vest is necessary to close this gap until everything starts to stick together (I forgot what this is called).  I already knew the reason for the compression vest, but he told me that medically it only takes seven days for this stickiness to begin.  He also mentioned that the compression vest does not alter or affect the shape of one's results.

In regards to blarney, I would definitely wear a compression vest from underworks.com for a week or two.  Your body needs to adhere your skin to the muscle / fat underneath, and that's what the compression vest will help to do.  
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
ok so you're saying that even if you dont wear a vest you'll get good results?
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline nukem2k5

No, you must wear the vest for seven days post-op.  Not wearing it would definitely have some negative effects as there's nothing to press all the tissue together.  

What I said was that the tissue only needs to be held together by compression vest for roughly seven days.  After seven~ days it should naturally begin to adhere together and the vest should no longer be needed.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
ok cool, I only wore the foam pads and tensor bandages for about 8-9 days,do think that is sufficient??

Offline nukem2k5

Well, if you had a very minor case I doubt it matters much, but I don't see how pads and a compression vest offer the same level of compression.  I don't know the effects of not wearing a vest, I merely posted this to explain that wearing a vest for 3+ weeks isn't necessary.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024