Author Topic: Dissapointing Answer  (Read 5442 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I went to the doctor for my post op check up. I am 1 week post op. The surgeon fixed everything except the puffyness of my areolas. He said that is hormonal and will eventually go away on its own. A lot good that does me. He said my final product will be in about a month. I am really worried that I havn't changed too much and will be embarassed again this summer. Soon I'll post pics. Why would my areolas be puffy? What makes them puffy and why didn't he remove this shit that does? He said he removed a lot of breast tissue. Now what?
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
How do I put this??? [size=8]BS!!![/size]

It sounds like he didn't take out enough gland. But, I obviously cannot tell for certain since I am here and you are there  ;)

But, that's what it sounds like to me. I've got the same thing going on and I've PM'd with at least 3 or 4 others in the exact same shoes. And, ALL of us have the same problem... not enough gland taken out. I think you have just joined the club.

What you should do is wait until about 3 months post op and most of the healing is done. Then, you can do the finger test and see if gland it underneath still. But, my scar tissue didn't dissappear until at least around month 10 or so. So, you may actually feel scar tissue and not be able to tell if gland is present.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
this stuff is soft. the hard tissue is pretty much gone. it almost feels like liquid but he said its not.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Blarney, how puffy are you? Can you post some pics to give us perspective?

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
yeah as soon as noone's home ill use the digital camera to take some pictures.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT SURGERY WOULD FUCKING FIX IT!!!!!!!!! WHY ME!!!! WHY DID I GET A BULLSHIT SURGEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT SURGERY WOULD FUCKING FIX IT!!!!!!!!! WHY ME!!!! WHY DID I GET A BULLSHIT SURGEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me about it! You are not alone! It is more common than I ever thought.

The good news is that I, and everyone I've talked to, am having great success in getting revisions from the surgeon.

I think you are owed a free revision *IF* you do not have the results that the doctor told you that you would have. The doctor is the expert, not you. The doctor is the one to accurately state what the finished product will be.

If he is now saying it is due to hormone levels then why didn't he tell you that before surgery when they took your blood? HE should have said, "look, I'll take out the gland and fat, but you may still have puffy nipples due to hormonal problems that were uncovered during your blood test."

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
he did say that i would still have large areolas but he said he could fix them to be flat

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Having "large areolas" as a matter of diameter is one thing... having "large and puffy areolas" is another. They can be "large" and "flat" at the same time. But, they cannot be "puffy" and "flat" at the same time. Know what I mean?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 01:57:59 PM by STILLgotIT »

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
yeah, i'm really fuckin mad. is there a chance it will get any better? im only a week post op. he said the final product would be like a month

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
It's *possible*, but not likely. I was puffy at day 2 post-op and it never went away. It actually got MORE puffy as time went by.

Go into the PHOTOS section and look at the new pic that I just posted in my thread. It will show you my current "post op puffness."

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
well how old were you when you got your surgery dont Stillgotit? Blarneys surgeon might actually be correct in sayin that it will go away eventually becuase he is younger and it might actually be a hormonal thing. i think that a week post op is waaaayyy to early to make the decision that he didnt take enought out. i say wait a month more or so and then complain if its still there, just chill out in the mean time dude! hope all ends up well!

BY THE WAY, get a compression vest even if your doc says you dont need one, it cant hurt to be safe, it may cause everything to stick better on the inside and it wont be as puffy, if i were you i would get one ASAP just like all of the others that wore one after their surgery!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:45:10 PM by tnel00son »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
well how old were you when you got your surgery dont Stillgotit? Blarneys surgeon might actually be correct in sayin that it will go away eventually becuase he is younger and it might actually be a hormonal thing. i think that a week post op is waaaayyy to early to make the decision that he didnt take enought out. i say wait a month more or so and then complain if its still there, just chill out in the mean time dude! hope all ends up well!

You are 100% correct. If you go up and read my initial response I told him he should wait 3 months to find out what the deal is.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
Agreed , let your body have a luttle longer to heal before you freak out dude...hopefully all will be well...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
i think it would be a good idea for a compression vest too, i remmeber reading in another one of his posts that his doctor either didnt mention one or said he didnt need one something like that i dont exactly recall.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Dr. Toolukian. Yeah at the follow up visit i said, should there be a vest i have to wear or something, and he said no.

He said the final product would be in a month. He also said that the swelled aerolas is a hormonal thing. If I go back in a month with balloon fucking nipples I'm getting serious. I'm gonna ask "if it's hormonal, then I WANT A SHOT OR SOMETHING" i am not taking no for an answer. If he has to do a revision a month before my LG training (life guard) then so be it. I WILL GET RID OF THE GYNE.

By the way, my surgery helped A LITTLE. I used to have like boobs sorta, now i just have puffy nipples (which are much softer and don't stick out on a shirt as much).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 08:08:56 PM by Blarneystoner »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024