Author Topic: Fat or Gyno  (Read 3122 times)

Offline infestus771

I am 16 years old and recently lost alot of weight (around 50 lbs) and i have alot of extra skin, the worst part i have breast but im not sure if its fat or gyno. it's texture is slighty bumpy and mushy. any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are specific problems related to significant weight loss and skin elasticity.

I think Dr. Bermant has some information on his site that covers this set of concerns.
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

I am 16 years old and recently lost alot of weight (around 50 lbs) and i have alot of extra skin, the worst part i have breast but im not sure if its fat or gyno. it's texture is slighty bumpy and mushy. any help would be greatly appreciated

Congratulations on the weight loss!  Does it not feel great getting those extra pounds off?  Loose skin can be a major concern after massive weight loss.  In addition, losing weight may still leave gland and localized fat behind.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline MSJ108

post some pics and we may be able to help more

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As to the original question, Does it really make any difference if you have fat only or Gynecomastia?

The emotional impact is the same either way.

The way to deal with the problem is also essentially the same.

In most cases, there is both! some glandular tissue growing through a pad of fat.

I cannot figure out why people distinguish between the two. The only person who distinguishes between them in detail is the surgeon,---after the operation.

Offline OneOfThem

• Posting Member
So you say pseudo can't be solved with exercise and diet?

Offline Rick021469

• Rick aka DJTEAZER
    • RADIO-TZER
At almost 40 but being diagnosed with Kleinfelters Syndrome early, which causes Gyno... MY left breast is in Horrendous pain, sometimes the pain is so bad I feel like I'm having a Heart attack and have gone to the ER for this only to find out it was just the gynocomastia. Being fat is one thing, having man boobs and being fat is normal as fat collects around many parts of our bodies when we are overweight. However having pain with man boobs, well then you have Gynocomastia and you should have a mammogram and blood levels checked to see if your hormones are out of whack. (Unless you are taking roides to bulk up, then you have other issues to deal with.)
RADIO-TZER
The Internet's 24/7 Rock Alternative.
DJ's Wanted (Will Train) [Co-ED, World-wide]
www.radio-tzer.org
www.teazerstunage.net

Offline MSJ108

If it is a fat issue losing weight MAY help. However, some people have a hard time losing the weight where tissue has developed in the chest. Lipo can remove the fat cells from the area.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
As to the original question, Does it really make any difference if you have fat only or Gynecomastia?

The emotional impact is the same either way.

The way to deal with the problem is also essentially the same.

In most cases, there is both! some glandular tissue growing through a pad of fat.

I cannot figure out why people distinguish between the two. The only person who distinguishes between them in detail is the surgeon,---after the operation.

Awesome post Dan...

I agree. It really doesn't matter if it's gland and/or fat... the psycho BS is all the same!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

If it is a fat issue losing weight MAY help. However, some people have a hard time losing the weight where tissue has developed in the chest. Lipo can remove the fat cells from the area.

Agreed!

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024