Author Topic: Im new and need advice  (Read 1889 times)

Offline massmonster

Hello to everyone on these boards, I found out or pretty much confirmed it to myself that I have gynecomastia about 6 months ago.  To tell you some background info, I never had gyno until about age 13 or so, I always had puffy nipples but never gyno.  But I used to be a skinny soccer player until I quit and became obese for about from age 13-16.  Then I decided to turn my life around.  I started working out and training like a bodybuilder, because my uncle used to be one and I wanted to do it as a hobby.  I was fat and went from like 255lbs at 6'2" to about 170lbs, but I still noticed that my nipples were puffy and had somthing under them.  So I just thought well lets develop my chest and see where it goes.  So I have been training for about an year and a half now, so yes I am 18 and nearing my 19th birthday.  And well my chest is developed, but at the end of it is well puffy nipples along with gynecomastia on the side of it.  And I know its not fat, I went to the doctor and he confirmed it was gynecomastia and said it should go away on its own.  Ive had it for nearly 5 years now and its not gone.  I am 6'2" and a quarter inches and weigh 270lbs and had a personal trainer measure my body fat, and Im at about 10.8%.  So I am in no way fat! I look like a bodybuilder but am always embarresed to do posses that have anything to do with chest, but you have to.  I rarely ever take my shirt off in public, I fit in XL fine, but wear XXXL to hide any gynecomastia.  I took some bullcrap pills that did rip me off, but I was desperate to find a way out without surgery.  Then I ran into these boards and found out that its hopeless.  I am considering surgery, but if anyone give me advice on what to do thatd be great.  My doctor said to wait, but for 5 years Ive waited and im sure the gyno is not going away.  And surgery is expensive but my parents are willing to do it.  If I did get the surgery for how long could I not lift heavy weights? And how long would it take before I could remove bandages? Should I just wait more? BTW the gyno was not steroid induced, I have not touched steroids in my life.  Thank you in advance.

Offline jackanonymous

• Bronze Member
talk to another doctor, a surgeon this time. Surgeons really know what they're talking about, my gp for example hadn't even heard of gynecomastia before lol
you will be able to lift weights again after the surgery, but wait atleast 2-3months before doing any really heavy workouts (since ur a bodybuilder)
bandages get taken off usually 2 weeks after surgery

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
man i got to tell you that story sounds almost exactly like mine! i feel you brother. but as for the docter i would say talk to a surgen or get another opinion! you'll be glad you did

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024