Author Topic: my experience with Dr. Jacobs...  (Read 2579 times)

Offline daedalus

I chose Dr. Jacobs after reading this board at length as well as going independent research on-line and emailing a few surgeons.  I was willing to travel to find the best surgeon and fortunately, money was not a major issue for me.  I am now about 6 months post-op.  I can not compare Dr. Jacobs to other surgeons since I've never had anyone else, but I am extremely happy with the results.  I am healing well and the results are excellent.  There is some mild nipple asymmetry, but that still appears to be improving over time and may resolve entirely.  In any event, it's not a big deal at all.

Nearly as important, my entire experience was prompt, efficient, and Dr. Jacobs is simply a very decent man who happens to be a gifted surgeon.  I should say at this point that I am a physician myself, so I have some experience with good and bad doctors and surgeons on a professional level.  Dr. Jacobs has all the qualities I would hope for in a surgeon--patient, responsive, skilled, honest.  His staff was equally professional.  They made me feel like a valued patient and customer.  Dr. Jacobs does charge more than his peers, owing in part to his location...but this is my body and I was happy to pay an extra $3000 for the best.  I believe I got what I paid for.  For anybody who can get to and afford him, do it.

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
Good to know, but honestly I wish you had posted a few more times over a period of time, as it makes one wonder about the legitmacy of the posts. If I were doing PR for a physician, for example, I would be all over this site.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024