Author Topic: I want to Have surgery!!!!!  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
I think i can convince my parents to have surgery i need to know alittle more about this. Can i start lifting like within the next week or what? I am just worried about the waiting times, and the long term affects after surgery. I really need this surgery and think i need it too. I have the money i just need to know more about and and convince my parents.
"I can Do ALL Things Through him who Strengthens Me"

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
You wont be weightlifting for a few weeks atleast.. In the chest area especially, if you feel any degree of stress or pain, you don't want to continue. Honestly.. Who cares about the weight lifting? You suffer with gyne for years.. Whats a few month, you know. Send your parents to this site or any of the others. Maybe they should talk to their family doctor id they need to be educated, or a plastic surgeon.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
i have to lift every week thats the thing

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
i have to lift every week thats the thing

Why? Are you competing, or OCD?

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Allow me to rephrase.. Cause HAVE is a funny word.. Here are your three options.

Do you want to lift weights and have gyne? (no surgery)
Lift weights post surgery and screw it all up?
Have surgery, wait until your Plastic surgeon tells you it's ok then go back to weight lifting?

There is one obvious positive answer. No way around it either. Weight lifting may be important in your life.. Maybe very important. But, if you have gyno.. You aint showing off the results anyways.

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
yeah man the reason why you're working out is because you want your body to look good and thats prob why you want to get this surgery! i know its hard to even think about not working out for a few weeks but in the end your results will be great. Also it can actually be a good thing to take a break and let your body for awhile

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
idk i am just trying to keep up so i can go play college football.

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
I bench 245 clean 235 squat 475 and i am only a freshman

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Just as an FYI, there have been many studies that conclude that no muscle mass/strength is lost for up to 6 weeks of not lifting weights.  Muscle memory is a very powerful thing.  So, going 4 weeks without lifting isn't going to kill you.  Yes, you could make a lot of gains in 4 weeks, but in the end you'll be glad you just got the surgery and took 3-4 weeks off from lifting.  Sometimes sacrifices need to be made to get what you want.  It's all up to you...

Offline Hefner33

• Bronze Member
dude i can't tell my parents to get the surgery i told my brother and he laughed and said your just fat

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
dang man that stinks but i dont think your parents would say the same thing!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024