Author Topic: Questions to ask my general physician  (Read 2338 times)

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
I'm getting an appt. with my regular physician soon, and I was wondering what questions I should ask him, this being the step before surgery.  I have the ol puffy nipples and need gland excision.  Is gynecomastia common enough that he would know about it, saving me the embarrassing process of explaining it?  And if he isn't familiar with it, should I seek out another doc?  Thanks in advance for any advice. Me being 23, I don't think asking for a referral to an endocrinologist would be necessary, and because my chest has looked exactly the same for over 10 years i don't think its a current hormonal imbalance.

Offline mshoaf

• Posting Member
i just went to the docter a few weeks ago about my gyno and i wasnt sure if he would know to much about it either but i found out that gyno is pretty common and he knew a little bit about it too. to make a long story short he rerfered me to a couple of surgens. if your doc doesnt know to much about it you should ask if he know some surgens he can refer you to so you can make a consultation to better figure out the sivarity of your case.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The above answer is good enough.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
IMO, go directly to a PS dude. What can your GP do for you? Not too much my man. You can learn more here than you ever would from a GP. If you have your mind made up about surgery, then the 'first' step is to make an appointment for a consultation with a PS...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MSJ108

Plastic surgeon may require some blood work before. You can go straight to a ps though.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think that going to a General Practice Dr. first is a good Idea. If there is anything Questionable you may even need a follow-up with an Endocrinologist.

If your condition has not changed for a period of several years and you are in good health, These first steps are of lesser importance. Even so, I still think it is a good idea to not skip over any of the steps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024