Author Topic: Waves and ripples  (Read 4497 times)

Offline MSJ108

I am one week post op. Noticing some waves and ripples in my chest. I assume this is normal? I will ask the nurse about it when I go to have stitches removed.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Give it at least 3 months dude... Then re-evaluate...  Your body has much healing to do...  ;)

Can you post a pic of these 'waves/ripples'...  Never heard of this till now...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MSJ108

Give it at least 3 months dude... Then re-evaluate...  Your body has much healing to do...  ;)

GB

Thanks man. Its much more noticable now than previously. I will post pictures of it. Not sure how much will show in a picture though.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

GB
Not sure how much will show in a picture though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same... try to post a pic or two anyhow dude...

GB

Offline MSJ108

Temporary Lumpiness
Temporary lumpiness and bumpiness is common after liposuction. This condition becomes noticeable within one to two weeks after surgery and becomes most pronounced between two to four weeks after surgery. This temporary lumpiness is the result of the normal healing process after liposuction. The intensity and duration of this condition can be minimized using open-drainage and bimodal-compression.

from
http://www.liposuction.com/safety/common_minor.php

Offline MSJ108

I wanted to let you know that I have seen significant changes in my chest IN ONE NIGHT!! I wore my vest extra tight yesterday and last night while I slept. This morning many areas that looked wavy and lumpy smoothed out. I still have some areas of lumpiness and waviness but I am confident its just swelling. I am seeing the nurse today and will update with her thoughts. Thanks

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Im not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I was wondering if anyone knows what causes the 'dent' at the bottom of the nipple after surgery. I have seen some post-op pics where it looks like the bottom of the nip is 'dented in'. Does this have to do with swelling and wearing the compression vest?  (most of the post-op pics were only about 4-6 weeks post-op)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

This morning many areas that looked wavy and lumpy smoothed out.

Cool.. Thanks for the update!

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I was wondering if anyone knows what causes the 'dent' at the bottom of the nipple after surgery. I have seen some post-op pics where it looks like the bottom of the nip is 'dented in'.

Can you find those pics and post links. Thanks!

GB

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member

Offline MSJ108

ANOTHER UPDATE - Nurse said that the areas of lumpiness/waviness will subside with time as it is just swelling in various areas. She said 2-3 month before all swelling is gone.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Here's a recent one I saw...I'll dig up some more from older posts..

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13649.0;attach=2817;image

Could be swelling dude. Looks like the incisions are still fresh. You have to wait a good 3-6 months before passing judgment...

GB

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Here's a recent one I saw...I'll dig up some more from older posts..

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13649.0;attach=2817;image

Could be swelling dude. Looks like the incisions are still fresh. You have to wait a good 3-6 months before passing judgment...

GB

Thanks GB. Good to know. I'll keep that in mind after I go under the knife. (July 3rd) :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024