Author Topic: 1 week post opt no happy  (Read 7737 times)

Offline yankeepride4life

• Posting Member
The undergarment is so uncomfortable # 1. # 2 when i run or walk up or down stairs it hurts and i  my chest feels like its bouncing. and # 3 i am not to happy with the results. The gland part i am but its still looks like i have man breasts around the nipple. i dont know if its swollen or what. how can it be swollen a week after surgery.

Offline Karu

• Posting Member
I'm 2 weeks post-op tomorrow and still have some swelling. Patience my friend, patience.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
dude, can it. you need to wait at LEAST a few weeks before becoming concerned... so I've been told anyway. your body is nowhere near done healing and shaping itself.

Offline yankeepride4life

• Posting Member

Offline MSJ108

ya man i got surgery on the same day as you. I still have swelling and my chest looks a bit uneven in areas. We just have to keep telling ourselves. Things will look much different in a few weeks!!

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member

Offline MSJ108

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
A lot of healing still needs to happen internally.  Wait it out man.  I know how you feel,  I'm 5 days post-op and don't know what to think about the results at this point.  This first 3 months is probably the hardest part of the whole surgery process.

Offline yankeepride4life

• Posting Member
Ok Thanks guys im glad you told me this because my dr sure didnt

Offline tubbs

• Posting Member
My doctor told me the swelling doesn't completely go down for SIX MONTHS after the surgery.  At my first post-op check up I wanted to take his head off.  I was disappointed in the uneven-ness and swelling.  He calmed me down and told me to wait a while as the chest is in constant change soon -- and not so soon -- after the surgery.

Offline 300zib

• Posting Member
My Dr. assured me the crater in cheast will go away and i need to chill.  Well hear i am 8 weeks out and shit looks worse and worse.  Looks like a revision needs to be done down the road.  Just hang in there i would say at least 4 weeks. 

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
A crater in your chest is a different problem than swelling.

I am no expert, but a crater effect is caused by the removal of too much glandular tissue and fat.  Dr. Lista in a youtube video that I saw said that knowing how much to leave behind is the most important and difficult part of the procedure.

You may need revision.  For anyone else looking into surgery, make sure you look closely at the before and after photos.  Craters are not acceptable and IMO are the result of docs who just don't have enough experience with the procedure.

Offline MSJ108

Couldn't you have the appearance of a crater because of swelling in a particular area?

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Couldn't you have the appearance of a crater because of swelling in a particular area?

I can see how that would be possible if the swelling was in the shape of a doughnut with no swelling in the center area, but I don't know how common that is.  It seems like swelling occurs more like a balloon than a doughnut.  I'm sure scar tissue could create the illusion of a crater though. 

As for the overcorrection causing craters, my surgeon probably mentioned to me about 10 times that this surgery is very easy to over-do, and he said that he'd rather not take enough out and have to do a revision than take out too much and have no way of fixing it. I'm sure he's learned that the hard way in the past.   

Offline MSJ108

Yankeepride, I wanted to let you know that I have seen significant changes in my chest IN ONE NIGHT!! I wore my vest extra tight yesterday and last night while I slept. This morning many areas that looked wavy and lumpy smoothed out. Just goes to show you gotta hang in there while you heal!!!! Keep us posted!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024