Author Topic: 32 and just got Gynecomastia!  (Read 4260 times)

Offline hem

• Posting Member
Over the last 3 months ive seen my right nipple become sore and then witnessed a lump getting bigger, now my left is doing the same and is also really sore to touch.

Ive just been reading about this"Gynecomastia" condition and i cant beleive it!

Why am i getting this condition so ate in my life (32)?

Can i get them removed on the NHS as im in London?

Ive been eating alot more than i used to over the last 6 months on a mission to put on afew stone as i was always abit thin, this has worked and ive gone up from 10.5st to 13.5st. Is this contributing to it?

Thanks for your time.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
The fact that you are eating more does not have anything to do with developing gynecomastia.

Gyno is induced thru hormonal imbalance. There are many different factors that can induce this hormonal balance. Drugs: prescription, over the counter, street. Medical conditions such as low testosterone or high estrogen, as well as other hormonal imbalances.

Are you taking anything?

Offline hem

• Posting Member
Ive been taking Ibuprofen 400mg 4 x a day for some back pain but thats it?

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Thats 1600 mg per day.  I have vague recollection that somewhere I saw NSAIDS like ibuprophen mentioned as being able to induce gyno, but i'm not 100% clear on that. You might want to research a possible connection.

Did you ever recieve injections for your back pain? Those injections will induce gynecomastia.

Offline hem

• Posting Member
Thanks Skyhawk,

No injections or any other medicines at all?

Ive got a doctors appointment tomorrow and i will ask for some tests.

Offline noobs101

• Posting Member
WHAT?!?!?!?!!?  ibuprophen is able to induce gyno???...holy crap, I've been taking it for the past few months for my Plantar Faciatus!!
Dr. Craig Fielding    416.766.8890    Toronto
1st consultation: Sept 15th 2008
2nd consultation: Oct 17th 2008
Surgery date: October 29th 2008
Cost for freedom $2100.

Special thanks to : Grandpa Bambu

Offline MSJ108

Get some blood work done asap

I developed signs of gyno at 23 which is pretty late compared to others.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Ive been taking Ibuprofen 400mg 4 x a day for some back pain but thats it?

For how long have you been taking 1600mg a day?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline hem

• Posting Member
4-5 months. Some days abit less but only when i ran out.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yeah, there is a connection between Ibuprofen and G.

It's quite possible that this has caused it...

GB

DrBermant

Over the last 3 months ive seen my right nipple become sore and then witnessed a lump getting bigger, now my left is doing the same and is also really sore to touch.

Ive just been reading about this"Gynecomastia" condition and i cant beleive it!

Why am i getting this condition so ate in my life (32)?

Can i get them removed on the NHS as im in London?

Ive been eating alot more than i used to over the last 6 months on a mission to put on afew stone as i was always abit thin, this has worked and ive gone up from 10.5st to 13.5st. Is this contributing to it?

Thanks for your time.

There are many possible Causes of Gynecomastia.  Tenderness is one sign of gland stimulation which should be investigated and stabilized.  Such evaluations are usually performed by an endocriniologist.

Male Fat tends to collect in the chest and can be major cause of the contour of gynecomastia.

Weight Loss can make a major contour change, but surgery may be necessary for remaining tissues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline hem

• Posting Member
Thanks everyone.

I had some blood tests today and will get the results in 1 week.
After reading up about gyno im not holding much hope for a accurate diagnosis but i guess you never know?

Offline hem

• Posting Member
My blood tests have come back 100% normal in every way!

The new doctor i saw today said that its not gyno and to stop worrying about it.

He didnt give me a reason why i had small lumps which very sore? I asked afew times to explain it but couldnt give me an answer.

I admit i havent got big lumps or a bad case but my nipples are defanatly puffy and when i lean over my breasts go to a point which is a totally new shape for my body.

Its so annoying as all the symtoms point to gyno. perhaps i should see a 3rd doc?

Offline MSJ108

My blood tests have come back 100% normal in every way!

The new doctor i saw today said that its not gyno and to stop worrying about it.

He didnt give me a reason why i had small lumps which very sore? I asked afew times to explain it but couldnt give me an answer.

I admit i havent got big lumps or a bad case but my nipples are defanatly puffy and when i lean over my breasts go to a point which is a totally new shape for my body.

Its so annoying as all the symtoms point to gyno. perhaps i should see a 3rd doc?

go for it!

post some pictures to and we will give you feedback

Offline Grandpa Bambu

post some pictures to and we will give you feedback

x2...

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024