Author Topic: foods and stuff  (Read 3713 times)

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
i'm open to experimental cures - as long as there are no scary side effects, or unless they're very expensive.
is there anything i should know about these?

Also, I would like to know which foods should be eaten in abundance and which should be avoided, due to their effects on the hormonal system.

Much thanks

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
turmeric herb - ppl suggest that it increases testosterone levels..
but I really don't know how true it is...

if u google, u will find answers for your questions..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While it is true that a web search will find a lot of answers about Gynecomastia. It should be pointed out that many of the people giving those answers are selling stuff that they represent as getting rid of Gynecomastia.

Since there is a financial motivation, many of the answers are highly suspect and many are outright scams.

Finding good, honest, and true information is not easy.

The simple fact is that there are no OTC (Over the Counter) products that are effective at reducing gynecomastia. The supposed proof of these products is a string of unchallenged testimonials that are, ironically, all worded similarly.  There is only anecdotal evidence supporting the few prescription medications occasionally used.

It would seem that at this point in time there are but two choices: Live with it, or have surgery.

Beware of anyone who stands to make money by convincing you otherwise.
Grandpa Dan

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
broccoli and cabbage are supposedly natural testosterone boosters...

http://gynecomastia.wordpress.com/2007/06/28/gynecomastia-diet-14-veggies-that-double-your-testosterone-level/

I don't know how credible that site is.  It seems ok, at least they arent trying to pimp any magical pills, powders or ointments.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline MSJ108

While it is true that a web search will find a lot of answers about Gynecomastia. It should be pointed out that many of the people giving those answers are selling stuff that they represent as getting rid of Gynecomastia.

Since there is a financial motivation, many of the answers are highly suspect and many are outright scams.

Finding good, honest, and true information is not easy.

The simple fact is that there are no OTC (Over the Counter) products that are effective at reducing gynecomastia. The supposed proof of these products is a string of unchallenged testimonials that are, ironically, all worded similarly.  There is only anecdotal evidence supporting the few prescription medications occasionally used.

It would seem that at this point in time there are but two choices: Live with it, or have surgery.

Beware of anyone who stands to make money by convincing you otherwise.

Good post sir

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
rightey then. to sum up:

be ware of the internet miracle cures

and eat brocolli and cabbage

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I clicked on the Jump line and then read through a long dissertation about healthy eating that is probably all good advice. The possibility that any of those foods could double your Testosterone is almost alarming. If you have a normal healthy level of Testosterone, doubling it could be dangerous. Finally I reached the bottom of the page and read the disclaimer and had a good laugh.

He advocates a good healthy diet and nothing more. The claims about curing Gynecomastia (with the disclaimer) are one of the most masterful pieces of pure BS I have seen in a long time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024