Author Topic: Well Summer's here...  (Read 6674 times)

Offline MB456

• Posting Member
Summer is here, and all of my friends and family want me to go to the pools and beaches...

I hate this time of year, though I shouldn't.  :(

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
I hear ya brother. Many of us are in the same boat as you. "What a nice day outside, I think i'll sit inside today."  :P

How old are you? Are you considering surgery?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Summer is here, and all of my friends and family want me to go to the pools and beaches... :(

I know your pain my man....  :-\

One day you'll see the 'light' at the end of the tunnel...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
i hear ya,

i know what its like

God bless

Offline Hiei the Pk

• Posting Member
"What a nice day outside, I think i'll sit inside today."

:( Something along these lines just happened to me today

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
"What a nice day outside, I think i'll sit inside today."  :P

thats a powerful quote cause its so true. u dont know how many times i would want to go out when it was nice, but as im ready to step out and look at myself in the mirror with my boobs showing through my tee i start feeling depressed and just end up staying in.
i dont know aout u guys but i feel my self only wanting to go out at night.

im geting the surgery real soon so i cant wait to have the best summer of my life next year.

Offline Pragmatic

• Posting Member
Here's an idea instead: go for walks. You don't have to stay inside. I remember watching a video clip once. A guy had started slow and took walks. He was extraordinarily obese at first, but as he exercised, his weight started someing off, and he began to be able to run. Eventually he ran 5Ks and then mini-marathons. As he ran, he had great sacs of skin that moved around with him. I thought, "What incredible courage!". He didn't care anymore what people thought. He eventually had surgery to remove the excess skin to finally complete his goal.

Go for walks to cut down those problem areas as much as possible. I often take a nature hike through the hills and woods. It's great exercise, and I get the rush from being outside in nature. The beach isn't the only area. Most hikers are naturally friendly. Just strike up a conversation to build up your self-esteem.

Don't become a hermit, just chose a different path until you can transform your body through diet, exercise, and surgery. You can do this. It may take time to acquire the discipline and courage and money. It took me over thirty years to finally get my act together. Live strong my brother.

There's a lesson to learn in this story. In my rural home town, there's a substance abuse clinicl. A substance abuser's worst fear is discovery. The clinic deliberately tells the patients to go sit outside near the sign by the road. As cars pass by, driveers see who's at the clinic. Guess what? The world doesn't end.

The same is true for you. Be bold, look at your family in the face, and say, "You know, my chest is fat, and I feel embarrased at the pool. Thanks for asking, but I'd prefer not to go until I look better. I'm going to workout, eat right, and take care of myself.  It may be necessary for me to get surgery to look normal. Please help me achieve my goals instead by supporting me."

Face it and crush that fear.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
I know what ya mean, man. Hopefully this summer I will get my surgery  :P All in wishful thinking. But yeah it totally sucks, the only thing u can do is find someone u can confide in and express yourself and work towards getting surgery little by little.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
How well I remember.

And I grew up in Sunny Southern California with miles of coastline and lakes in the local mountains.

Using the excuse that I burned easily, I would stay well dressed until it got dark then went swimming by moonlight or even starlight.
Grandpa Dan

Offline MB456

• Posting Member
Thanks for the advice guys.

I have told my mom that I am horribly embarrassed to go to pools and beaches, but she always says "Nobody cares! They're your family, they won't laugh!"

and even though they don't, it's still terrible having bigger boobs than some of the girls!

I  remember the first visit I ever made to the doctor about my problem, and in the midst of the visit, my Mom said "If it helps, some girls are embarrassed because they don't have any boobs!"

That destroyed my inside, because it's not the same AT ALL  :(

Offline cnc990

• Posting Member
MAn 2day was bad bunch a friends  were in pool and i was outside looking at everyone have fun...they were makin fun of my fat friend and i was wonderin wut they would say if they seen me! they asked why i didnt go in i said i was playing life guard wich worked lol but still im missin out on tons of fun.....: ( its a bummer. aNd im not fat im only 150 and i have a funky shap to my chest thats wut bugs me the most. so ya summer sucks.. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Pragmatic

• Posting Member
MB456,

You will make it through this summer and flourish. Hold you head up high man. You're among friends. We all understand what you're going through; we've been there. Let me let you in on a little secret, "All teenagers secretly hate some aspect of their appearance." They all wish they could subtract or add some part of their appearance. No one, and I mean no one is perfect.

When you get a little older, you'll begin to notice, that the guys who get attention from the hot people are the smooth talkers who genuinely connect with them. You don't have to look like a Greek god to get positive appreciative glances. Start reading some books on how to talk to people and learn to make them laugh and enjoy your company. Really it's only in high school that the really golden girls care about jocks. They'll wise up as they get into college.

You're doing some positive things like talking to your mom. She can become your best ally in case you decide to have surgery. Letting her know that it's a priority and is important. Help her understand how you feel disfigured, and let her know that chances are it will NOT go away. Also let her know that she can help you finance your transformation. In the mean time, show her that you're serious by dieting, exercising, and working diligently to improve yourself. Let her know that there's some things you can't do as a young person...that you need her as a caring adult to help you.

Be strong my brother, and forge yourself into a piece of steel. You can do this.

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
i feel my self only wanting to go out at night.

I hear you dude. I go to work in the morning, and return when its still light out. Other than that I mostly just go out at night. I go to the gym and workout at night. It definitely does suck, but hey, it COULD be worse. The thing I hate the most is that I'm muscular with pretty low Bodyfat (minus chest fat and puffed nips), and everyone's always telling me how big I look, how good I look, what great shape I'm in. Little do they know I'm hiding away my gyne chest...they wouldn't say how good I look if I didn't have 3 layers of shirts on with band-aids on my nips. Anyway, thats all going to change soon. Surgery on July 3rd. I have my pre-op on wednesday. I'm pumped. I'm really looking forward to finally be able to reap the benefits of all my hard work in the gym.  :)

Offline Spleen

I think you guys might be able to go out & have some fun in the sun if you realized that almost no one is gong to pay attention or care about yourself.  I live here in Florida, a mile from the beach, and have seen with *serious* gynecomastia many many times.  No one cares, no one stares.  You don't have to love the way your chest looks, but at the same time don't deny yourself the pleasure of enjoying the outdoors.  It will take some determination and courage, but you can change your attitude and increase your confidence.

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
winter is my favorite time well used to be undershirt, t-shirt hoodie and jacket no gyne to be seen

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024